Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Revenge: Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
497 replies to this topic

#21 Juliajms

Juliajms

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:20 PM

Saw a live-action version of the promo poster at my mall yesterday. The promotion for this show is seriously out of control, lol. If they use some clips beyond the pilot for the commercials, maybe they can lure more people in but I'm sick to death of seeing the same 30 shots in varying positions 10 times an hour.

If it fails no one can say it was for lack of promotion, that's for sure.

Edited by Juliajms, 12 September 2011 - 04:20 PM.

#22 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,377 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:09 AM

I'd say Madeleine Stowe is a bigger name than EVC

Funny, she was in a movie called Revenge too with Kevin Costner... But to be fair she hasn't been the name she was back in the 80s for a while now...

Edited by EricMontreal22, 14 September 2011 - 09:54 PM.

#23 Marley

Marley

Contract

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:37 PM

I just saw the pilot, it was amazing! So soapy!

#24 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,377 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

Finally watched this. It took me a while, but I liked it. Didn't even recognize Buffy's Marcus Blucas as Emily/Amanda's dad. I'm not completely sold--some things I wasn't sure about (I mean she's SOO clever--but maybe we'll find out why she is and that's why she was locked up, the revelation about her being the waitress who served the soup left me a bit weird, I guess I wanted to see how she got the uniform and nametag from the waitress, though maybe she used some of her vast money--but she certainly thought up that plan quickly on the spot). But I'll keep watching. Creator/showrunner Mike Kelly also created Swingtown, which was far from a perfect show but one I enjoyed, though I know nobody else who even watched it. He has said that every single question and mystery raised in the pilot will be answered by episode 13, so I guess it'll remain to be seen how they can grow the show past its initial premise--if they manage to get that far.

#25 Max

Max

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

I am curious as to where this show is filmed. I assume it is in California, but given that it takes places in the Hamptons, I was wondering if it is actually filmed in New York.

Edited by Max, 21 September 2011 - 09:10 PM.

#26 OLTL_fan

OLTL_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

I think the pilot was filmed in North Carolina but the rest of the episodes will be filmed in LA.

#27 Max

Max

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

OLTL_fan, thank you for answering my question.

Although I'm really enjoying this show, I do wonder how realistic of a portrayl it is. Are the rich who live in the Hamptons really this shallow and status conscious?

Edited by Max, 21 September 2011 - 10:04 PM.

#28 Juliajms

Juliajms

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:34 AM

ABC's Revenge got off to a nice start, winning the 10pm hour with a 3.4 adults 18-49 rating and and 10.15 million viewers

http://tvbythenumber...csi-svu/104503/

#29 OLTL_fan

OLTL_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

Im thrilled this did not bomb!!!!!! Loved it.

#30 Juliajms

Juliajms

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

Me too. If they can just hold most of these viewers. It's a better show than I expected.

#31 wingwalker

wingwalker

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

I wasn't going to check it out cause I hated the lead actress when she was on Brothers & Sisters, but I'm glad I change my mind. I loved it a lot.

#32 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,377 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

I am curious as to where this show is filmed. I assume it is in California, but given that it takes places in the Hamptons, I was wondering if it is actually filmed in New York.

I doubt to this extreme--it's a primetime soap so amped to the top level, but I'm sure there's some element...

#33 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,377 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:02 PM

I was just talking to someone about how I didn't recognize Buffy's Marc Blucas as Dave Clark in Revenge and he had no idea what I meant--then I found out since I downloaded the leaked version a few weeks back--he was only in the unaired pilot...

#34 OLTL_fan

OLTL_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

Yea Marc Blucas was replaced since he was in a USA show that got renewed. James Tupper replaced him.

#35 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,377 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

Ah I was wondering wy he was replaced as he didn't seem particularly bad.

#36 Max

Max

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

Upon watching the pilot episode a second time, I thought it was flawed in the fact that too many situations happened just by chance (as opposed to a master plan by Emily Thorne). For instance, when Emily was first introduced to Victoria Grayson, Lydia Davis (Victoria's former best friend who had an affair with Conrad Grayson) just happened to be nearby; with Victoria in earshot, Emily asked Lydia how her "husband" was doing after being taken away by an ambulance from the South Fork Inn (where the affair took place), thus tipping Victoria off as to who her husband's mistress was.

Despite all these criticisms however, Revenge is the first prime time show in many years that has had me so excited.

Edited by Max, 25 September 2011 - 03:20 PM.

#37 JackPeyton

JackPeyton

Star.

• Members
  • 17,347 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

Upon watching the pilot episode a second time, I thought it was flawed in the fact that too many situations happened just by chance (as opposed to a master plan by Emily Thorne). For instance, when Emily was first introduced to Victoria Grayson, Lydia Davis (Victoria's former best friend who had an affair with Conrad Grayson) just happened to be nearby; with Victoria in earshot, Emily asked Lydia how her "husband" was doing after being taken away by an ambulance from the South Fork Inn (where the affair took place), thus tipping Victoria off as to who her husband's mistress was.

Despite all these criticisms however, Revenge is the first prime time show in many years that has had me so excited.

Emily said that knowing that Victoria would know her husband had an affair with Lydia.

#38 YRBB

YRBB

That's Head Bitch Jill Foster Abbott to you!

• Members
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

Yes, that was on purpose, lol

So, it got 13 million viewers? Wow. Hope they keep it up.

#39 Max

Max

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:50 PM

Emily said that knowing that Victoria would know her husband had an affair with Lydia.

I know that Emily's statement (and all of her other actions) was made on purpose. The part that I found to have been too coincidental was that Lydia just happened to be right next to Victoria the moment that Emily was introduced to Victoria. There's no possible way Emily could have pre-planned that.

I apologize for failing to make the above point clear in the first place.

Edited by Max, 26 September 2011 - 06:52 PM.

#40 Juliajms

Juliajms

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

I know that Emily's statement (and all of her other actions) was made on purpose. The part that I found to have been too coincidental was that Lydia just happened to be right next to Victoria the moment that Emily was introduced to Victoria. There's no possible way Emily could have pre-planned that.

I apologize for failing to make the above point clear in the first place.

I look at it as Emily capitalizing on the situation. If fate hadn't set it up so perfectly, she just would have found another way to expose Lydia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users