Revenge: Discussion Thread

• Members

God, I am really, really loving this. Emily Van Camp has proven that she is perfectly cast for this role. She is absolutely amazing. Loved the way she got revenge from Bill, that was wonderful. Felt bad for Declan--I am not the biggest fan of the actor but OK. Daniel... such a sweetheart. I could stare at his sweaty brutish look all day. Nolan was amazing. I am really liking him. Such a great, fun character. And I enjoyed the Frank/Victoria thing. Is it just me or does it feel like there's some kind of something going on between them, romantically? And they also alluded to some dark secret; I don't know if that's connected to the REVENGE plot or something different. By the way, I had the weirdest experience watching the episode. Some of the music reminded me of Alexandre Desplat's music for HARRY POTTER 7 and 8, which is weird in and of itself. But, when they cut to the title sequence and the title came forward on the screen just like the HP ones, I was freaked laugh.png. SO weird.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

HA I'm not familiar with the Potter movies (I know!), but I loved the score and often thought that.

And, it can't be just coincidence that Amanda uses the pseudonym Emily when that's the name of her actress AND the actress who plays her as a daughter in flashbacks.

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

WHAT? lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one, it was very eerie.

Damn! And I was so excited lol But I'm sure it'll stay on.....!

I wonder if it would be best to just end it after the 13 episodes.

I really enjoy the fact that it's not the typical, haha, full of irony, whimsical soap that ABC makes all its shows be.

It's straight out, serious soap.

• Members

YES. YES. Exactly. I've been watching via On Demand, and that's my main draw, right there. Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, Dirty Sexy Money, even Grey's and Private Practice...no matter how dramatic they try to be, they ALWAYS have the quirky background music and random humor thrown in that stops me from calling them soaps (though I don't really think that's what they're trying for, but it's what people call them anyway). This show owns the hell out of its soapiness, and that's great.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

I like this show. I'm not sure how long the premise can hold out (to me, it smacks of Murder One) but I think the two lead women are evenly matched. I can't wait to find out if Emily knows that Victoria tried to save her father, or if it's why she seems to be holding her the most responsible.