Grimm: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I like Monroe and think that there is a role for him. However, they need to give him a story where he has give up the veggie diet and start eating meat so he is a full strength to help Nick take on the Renard and Royals. Ideally, when Juliet is killed, Rosalee is seriously injured forcing Monroe to become a full fledge Blutbad.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From the beginning I thought Monroe was the show's scene-stealer, the best character of the bunch. I'm on the fence about Rosalee. I kind of like her but also find her bland at times. Her presence has also diluted Monroe's role as the go-to Wesen, But she's got the spice shop and knowledge of potions and such so she has some purpose, plus, if she weren't around, Monroe would be minding the store (like he did when she visited her sick aunt) and that would take him out of some of the "field action".

Juliet, on the other hand, I haven't found at all interesting since the start. All the home life stuff was boring, the amnesia was boring, the dosed-up hallucinations of an omni-present Nick were boring. And now she tags along because she doesn't want to be left out. I've been thinking lately that either Juliet or Rosalee is going to get killed sooner or later. Storyline-wise it would pack a greater punch if it were Juliet as it would put Nick in revenge mode.

The stuff in Vienna has been so boring. Adalind with the gypsy woman...I was like the freakin' tests are still not over????? Now Renard is skulking around? Maybe I've been ff-ing it a bit but I kept thinking when is Adalind actually going to look pregnant? Then again, what's the gestation period for a hexenbiest?

So at this point basically all the regular characters know the score except Sgt. Wu...and by this point, you'd think he'd be questioning all the hinky murder scenes he's been at, instead of just making jokes.

I do still enjoy the show but it does need to shore things up a bit more and stop dragging some things out. I do like the mythology better than that of Once Upon A Time, which, for me, is doing too much, going in too many different directions--timewise, character-wise, location-wise. That show is literally all over the place and constantly introducing new characters and putting them at the forefront with their own story-arc, past and present, and sometimes I just want the episode to be over. I sometimes feel like, with the flashbacks, we're seeing more of the same. I mean, how many various battles do we need to see between Snow and Regina? Then again, I do have a preference for the horror and scifi genres rather than the magical kingdom, princess stuff. I do enjoy Grimm's Portland Wesen and the Scooby gang (with the occasional appearance of Beaver Bud) dealing with the local monsters.

• Members

Good grief, I cannot believe that they have given Juliet yet another independent story. TPTB are clearly infatuated with her.

Not a bad episode. I like the Russian healer was actually trying to be a better man and saved the girl at the end. I was glad that Nick balked when Hank said that they should have brought Renard to the caravan. Good to see that Nick is showing some signs of wariness about Renard although he does not know that he already knows about the caravan.

Renard and Adalind's baby drama has got to end.

• Members

The show is a mess. Stringing out this pregnancy with 2 minute scenes is just insulting, and WTF bother with some abused friend of Juliet's...so she can show off some stupendous chop-socky skills? *eyeroll* I'm just lost. I can't tell you how bored I was by the episode, and that's disappointing, since it started off with a neat riff reenacting the pilot episode's opening.

BTW, that was Sharon Leal as the therapist Hank hit on. I think I read she's recurring.

• Members

I agree Ann about the Russian healer. That was good, but again, trying to give Juliette more to do and this crap with Adalind? These 2 items are bringing the show down.

Next week, Juliette gets even more. The "actress" and character are just sterile and they are really breaking their necks to make her more to this show than she should be. I can't stand the sight of her.

Good that Hank gets a woman.

Fine ass captain wasted on this garbage I 1/2 understand.

Oh, and the guy with the blisters and then in the tub basically rotted out was so gross and disturbing. I wish they would scale back a bit on that. They got the point across with the blisters began.

• Members

Anything outside of making Juliette more than she should be on this show and Monroe/Rosalie was great on the current eppy. They are working overtime to make Juliette mean something to the audience. She's awful and I don't care how much of a fighter she is! This big bad guy and Juliette beats him up? Sigh... Monroe has lost all meaning.

Outside of the weekly crime, we have this crap with Adalind and then working Juliette into the stories. I stopped watching for a while, and I might have to again.

It was a good story this week with the gang members, but again, ruined by the other stuff. Hopefully, Sharon Leal will return because I would like to see Hank with this character.

• Members

I couldn't believe Nick left Juliet to fight a Vesen to get his gun? WTH? Now, I could have missed something, but the fact I didn't care enough to rewind shows just how bored I was by the whole thing.

Sigh...why did Hank's new woman have to be Vesen?

Y'know what I don't get? Why some Vesen immediately know Nick's a grimm, and others don't. The friend's freakout really puzzled me.

• Members

I know, right? The entire arc of the season is showing how Nick's powers are mysteriously growing, we've seen him kick major Vesen ass....and he has to leave get his damn gun? WTF?

At least they didn't bother with any Adalind crappiness.

• Members

Yeah, if Juliette is only going to have two minutes in act four...I'm game.

This show continues to lose it's focus. I mean, I get that it's nice to flesh out Rosalee a little bit, but this I was in Jail confession came out of nowhere.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Very smart of Wu to check himself into a facility, but how long before they tell him the truth?

And Juliette sitting there discussing cases made me want to vomit!

I did like the case of the week, but Adalind? Nope! The snuggling with the baby while asleep was cute, but I just don't care for this story at all. Hell, I hardly know what's going on. I only give it half my attention when Captain Renard is onscreen.

Archived