Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

NBC Fall 2011 Schedule

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#21 Soaplovers

Soaplovers

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

Is it going to be Tuesday, like in the 90s? Cause ABC's rumored to be thinking about a second comedy night on Tuesday as well & that's where the FOX comedies are. Three networks with comedies on Tuesdays...someone's going to have to cave. Perhaps NBC should launch it's second comedy night on Monday & go after CBS, since CBS is going after them on Thursday.

NBC barely has ratings for the night of comedy that they have already LOL I think NBC should use Monday to show case for original made for tv movies. Back in the 90's, NBC usually beat CBS monday night comedy or came close most times... and their spin was showing tv-movies featuring current young performers, etc. Perhaps they should try that again... see if it'll work!

#22 OLTL_fan

OLTL_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

NBC announced their schedule today.

http://tvbythenumber...nnounced/92597/

Edited by OLTL_fan, 15 May 2011 - 01:01 PM.

#23 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,364 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

My analysis:

Monday
8pm: The Sing Off
10pm: The Playboy Club

Surprised to see The Sing Off make a fall debut - there's been no buzz about this move at all. But I see what Bob Greenblatt is doing with establishing a music-reality night, for when The Voice returns midseason, and going after DWTS. I'm looking forward to TPC but it will have a tough time against Hawaii 5-0 and Castle. I thought NBC might return Harry's Law at 10pm because it did pretty okay against H50/Castle.

Tuesday
8pm: The Biggest Loser
10pm: Parenthood

Disappointed Parenthood is still at 10pm. The show is so good and should be an 8pm or 9pm show.

Wednesday
8pm: Up All Night
8:30pm: Free Agents
9pm: Harry's Law
10pm: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

I hope Up All Night and Free Agents do well but it will probably get destroyed by X-Factor and Survivor. What will be interesting is how they go up against ABC's comedy lineup.

Thursday
8pm: Community
8:30pm: Parks and Recreation
9pm: The Office
9:30pm: Whitney
10pm: Prime Suspect

No 30 Rock here because of Tina Fey's pregnancy. I thought for sure Parks would've stayed at 9:30 but I like that it's sandwiched between Community and The Office. NBC must have high hope for Whitney to put it on after The Office. Though it looks out of place because it's a multi-cam/laugh track show. I thought NBC would pair up Whitney and Chelsea. The 10pm drama is back! I think Prime Suspect should do okay against Private Practice (if ABC keeps it their).

Friday
8pm: Chuck
9pm: Grimm
10pm: Dateline NBC

No surprise that NBC put Chuck on Fridays for its final 13 episodes. Though Grimm is probably DOA because Chuck is not a very good lead in. Also Grimm has sci-fi elements and it goes up against two other shows with sci-fi elements in Supernatural and Fringe.

Monday - Midseason
8pm: The Voice
10pm: Smash

As predicted by many, The Voice and Smash are together. This should be a good night for NBC.

#24 wingwalker

wingwalker

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

Monday's, that should be an improvement over their current lineup, probably won't threat the other networks, but will be good for NBC. Midseason with Voice/Smash, that can make a big splash.

Tuesday's, I would have moved Parenthood someplace else & put something new here.

Wednesday's ABC's 8pm comdies don't even do all that well, these ones are going to get creamed. Harry's Law is going to get creamed by it's competition as well.

Thursday's keeping Community as the anchor I think is a mistake. They need something that can draw more than 3-4 million viewers to start off the night. Putting Whitney after the Office seems smart, but I might have paired Whitney and Chelsea's show up & had an hour of multi-cams instead.

Friday's Chuck needed to be canceled long ago, so Friday death slot seems appropriate for the final season of this show. Grimm, show sounds interesting to me, and I already thought it would have a tough time finding an auidience, but with this timeslot & lead in, it's dead on arrival for sure.

Edited by wingwalker, 15 May 2011 - 02:47 PM.

#25 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,364 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

Oh man, the laugh track on Whitney is really bad. :ph34r:

#26 Soaplovers

Soaplovers

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

there are positives with both single camera and multi-camera set-ups.... I don't watch Thursday night comedies on NBC but not because of what camera they use... I just don't think the shows are funny. Which is sad considering NBC used to be the place to go for comedies and they were much more then niche oriented. I think whoever made the schedule up for NBC should be fired... though CBS seems to have done well with friday night.. the key is putting on shows that people will watch! Chuck seems to aim at younger people (who are out on a friday).. and Grimm seems to be a twist on the procedural so if people stuck home on Friday hate procedurals, they might sample it. Though I hope NBC promotes the hell out of it saying it's a procedural with a twist!

#27 wingwalker

wingwalker

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

Oh man, the laugh track on Whitney is really bad. :ph34r:

These days, multi-cam shows don't use a laugh track, that's all audience laughter (and there is difference between the two), I think it was irritaing cause none of the jokes were funny, IMO.

Of the dramas, Only Playboy caught my attention and the comedies, only the Chelsea one seemed potentially funny.

Edited by wingwalker, 15 May 2011 - 03:37 PM.

#28 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,364 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

Trailers: http://tvbythenumber...meetings/92800/

#29 jcar03

jcar03

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:42 PM

The Whitney show had some laughs but the one I was looking forward to was Are You There Vodka, and it fell flat. Up All Night looks promising.

#30 All My Shadows

All My Shadows

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

The sitcoms all look like sh!t, to be honest, and The Playboy Club comes off as the desperate Mad Men knock off it is.

I am happy for Dave from Road Rules, though! I might even watch Grimm just to see his pretty self.

#31 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 52,563 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

Why can't someone knock off Remember WENN :( Mad Men is so busy patting itself on the back it's tough for me to ever get involved when I watch.

#32 All My Shadows

All My Shadows

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

TPC did arouse my interest a little because I'm a sucker for not-so-distant-past period pieces like that, but idk...the whole early 60s atmosphere that's in the trailer and in Mad Men, I'm not a big fan of. It's pretty cold and stiff.

Give me a serious-but-fun drama set in a late 70s disco (but not 54), and I'm there. I am therrrrrrrrre.

#33 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

The Truth Cannon

• Members
  • 12,407 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:46 PM

Oh my Gosh I can't wait for Whitney and Are You There, Vodka? PUMPED!

#34 Khan

Khan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 17,113 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

Give me a serious-but-fun drama set in a late 70s disco (but not 54), and I'm there. I am therrrrrrrrre.

I, myself, still await a "detective" series set in post-Revolutionary War New England. :-)

Meanwhile, aside from SVU - which I still watch, even if it's nowhere near as good as it used to be (BRING JOSE MOLINA AND PATRICK HARBINSON BACK!!!) - I doubt I'll even sample anything from NBC next fall.

Edited by Khan, 17 May 2011 - 11:03 PM.

#35 JackPeyton

JackPeyton

Star.

• Members
  • 17,331 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:12 AM

I think The Playboy Club looks fantastic. I didnt know Naturi Naughton was in it, shes smoking hot and super talented.

Bent also looks great.

and Smash looks good as well, but why does it say 'introducing Katherine McPheee'? Not only is she known for winning American Idol but she also had acted.. a lot.

Edited by JackPeyton, 18 May 2011 - 03:13 AM.

#36 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 52,563 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:19 AM

Maybe she wants to pretend her flop solo career never existed.

Whenever I hear Bent I think of the British slang. Is that what this is based on?

Edited by CarlD2, 18 May 2011 - 03:20 AM.

#37 Soaplovers

Soaplovers

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:07 PM

I am happy for Dave from Road Rules, though! I might even watch Grimm just to see his pretty self.

Thank you!! I was trying to figure out where I saw him from... I just knew he looked familiar... I totally loved him on Road Rules!! Nice to know he's still a cutie :)

#38 JackPeyton

JackPeyton

Star.

• Members
  • 17,331 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:21 AM

Thank you!! I was trying to figure out where I saw him from... I just knew he looked familiar... I totally loved him on Road Rules!! Nice to know he's still a cutie :)

YUP! He is also a very nice guy.

He had that great episode of greys anatomy where he was in love with a fellow soldier.

#39 Vizion

Vizion

Recurring

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

NBC is about to have another disastrous year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users