The Beyoncé Thread

• Members

Goodbye y'all! She's not progressing musically? Then why is she now serving us rock, country and even SCREAMO in addition to her always wonderful R&B and rap; And all with a distinct, meaningful message & through line. The artistic points she conveyed with Lemonade were poignant, heartfelt, and contain things that do/will mean a lot to men & women of color all around the world.

I love it!

Formation, Sorry, Hold Up, & Six Inch are my faves!

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Glad you are enjoying the Kool-Aid. Some are saying the whole supposedly rumors of J cheating was a ploy to bring publicity to the album…to create more buzz for the album. I won't put it pass them to do so….either way the album is downright awful. 

• Members

What, they can't promote their album? Jeez. It should be even more impressive that they created all of this and he didn't cheat, because everyone was ready to believe he did. Why? Because she sold the fck out of it, that's why.

I'm over the "I miss the old Beyonce" complaints because it wasn't long ago when people were rolling their eyes at her because they thought she was too old to still be doing stuff like Single Ladies.

I wonder, though, what exactly don't you like about it?

• Members

First, I was one who liked her Single Ladies stuff. Second, the songs from the last album and this one sound like B-side songs…like she just came up with this songs through her (*(&(*)(*_(&(*^!  Give me some Single Ladies over this mess of an album. 

And why are they now charging more for this album than previous ones? It is definitely not worth the 18 dollar price tag. But I do see a lot of people are drinking that Lemonade Kool-Aid…LOL…oh well….

• Members

That's what I mean, though. I wasn't trying to imply that you didn't like Single Ladies, but I'm saying that people will find fault regardless (which I get is the nature of the business, but still). If she was still turning out just the fun, dancey stuff that she built herself on, a lot of people would accuse her of not growing or changing, or worse, of embarrassing herself. I say good on her for trying new things. You can do that when you're 13 years into your solo career, and I think she's doing it well.

• Members

To be honest, I feel B-Day was her best solo album. It now seems lost in the shuffle of her discography, and at the time, she did get a bit of a mini-backlash from critics and fans, but I still think it had her best singles and overall production. 

I thought Sasha Fierce was crap and never enjoyed Single Ladies.