The Beyoncé Thread

• Members

Beyoncé has been planning this tour since the Super Bowl. I don't think she really cares anymore about the typical album-tour release schedule like a lot of artists. Similar to Rihanna. She goes on tour and releases her album whenever and whatever way she wants. This album is supposedly her least commercial effort yet, and she supposedly stopped performing her most popular songs on her most recent tour. She really isn't playing the game anymore.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, I haven't been able to stop playing it either. Hold Up, Don't Hurt Yourself, Sorry, 6 Inch, Daddy Lessons, Freedom, All Night and Formation are just amazing. I like Pray You Catch Me, Love Drought, Sandcastles and Forward just a tad less (consider them 2nd tier) but still love them as well. It's on repeat all the time. 

• Members

I can't believe I forgot to post this but I went to her show on May 3rd. I had already bought floor seats but ended up getting upgraded to 10th row (!!!). The show was INCREDIBLE!! It poured rain and I didn't even care. Got suspended for an hour in the middle because of lightening but the Queen waited and came back out for us. Omg it was so good. 

• Members

Biiiiiiiiitch!!... I ended up not going to this show & gave my ticket to someone else last week bc of work. But then I got another ticket for her Sept 14th show at Dodger stadium. UGH my bank account was cleared along with my schedule. I WILL. NAWT. MISS IT THIS TIME!! LMAO

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

This is really about Solange but Beyoncé did conduct the interview. I posted this mainly because there is a reference to Syreeta Wright, which I think @amybrickwallace would appreciate. 

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/solange/#_

" As you said, I have always loved Minnie Riperton, and I loved Syreeta Wright and really identified with a few of her songs that she and Stevie Wonder did. She was saying some really tough [!@#$%^&*], but the tone of her voice was so sweet that you could actually hear her more clearly. I wanted to find a happy medium, feeling like I was being direct and clear, but also knowing that this was a conversation that I was very much in control of—able to have that moment, to exist in it, to live in it and ponder it, not to yell and scream and fight my way through it—I was doing enough of that in my life, so I wanted to make a clear distinction of me controlling that narrative. "

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

I’m always so sad and forget she doesn’t have that many fans here bc I came here expecting to see the thread bumped and popping after her SENSATIONAL headlining (and historic) performance at Coachella last night. BEYCHELLA! She reinvented the whole idea of the concert experience (which was and still is dry af) and went above and beyond like always. 

The HBCU vibe and band she imbued into the show and just the sheer blackness of it all was EVERYTHING !

GREATEST ENTERTAINER OF OUR TIME AND PERHAPS EVER ! Who could top her? I’ll wait. LMAO

• 1 month later...