Toups

OLTL Tribute Thread

3,890 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, GH_Girl said:

Makes sense to me. I have a family member who was pretty much in the same situation, father of young kids died, she eventually remarried and new husband adopted the kids, they added his last name to their names. Did Kevin and Joey become Kevin Riley Buchanan and Joey Riley Buchanan, or did they dump Riley altogether? 

I think they Riley Buchanan but were mentioned as only Buchanan

Didn't Pam Long create Lindsay rappaport as well?  I think she was the one to have Lindsay and Clint marry..and it was a promising story....then all of a sudden..they broke up..and I wonder if the sudden shift in Lindsays character had to do with Pam Long leaving..and Jill being the defacto headwriter?

5 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

Didn't Pam Long create Lindsay rappaport as well?  I think she was the one to have Lindsay and Clint marry..and it was a promising story....then all of a sudden..they broke up..and I wonder if the sudden shift in Lindsays character had to do with Pam Long leaving..and Jill being the defacto headwriter?

I think they broke up cause Clint Ritchie quit

On 6/19/2017 at 6:21 PM, MissLlanviewPA said:

She was, for almost all of 1999 after Pam Long was let go (although apparently Harding Lemay was consulting her in some way, somehow). ABC finally forced her to hire someone near the end of 1999, so she brought on Megan McTavish as her lap dog, er I mean her HW. 

There's a big gray area at ABC for 1999... McTavish was ghost-writing OLTL for some period of time, while she was still being credited as HW of All My Children - a return stint that, btw, featured what I'd describe as some of her most idiotic work. What started it all was that, though they tried to keep it all quiet, Agnes Nixon returned to AMC after an acrimonious split from the network in late 97. (There was even a tonal shift you could see on-screen, that made you think "this is McTavish?) We knew there was no way that McT and Nixon were working together at that time, and from the looks of things, Nixon had likely been back as early as February. 

When word leaked about the changes at AMC, ABC confirmed it, but went out of their way to say that McTavish had not been fired - and that she was "consulting" for other programs. Her name came off the AMC credits around May of 1999. A couple of months later, they officially announced her as the new HW of OLTL. I think her name started appearing on OLTL's credits late-Summer to September at latest... It's open for interpretation what McTavish was doing in the Spring & early Summer, but my guess would be OLTL.

On 6/20/2017 at 2:32 PM, JaneDigby said:

Speaking of things I hated - there are a bunch of new OLTL promos up on YT from 1992 and they've reminded me how much I loathed Luna. The show pushed Max & Luna so shamelessly it semi-hilarious. You WILL love this couple. They ARE you're favorite. Luna "crossing over to the other side" to save Max was OLTL at its worst for me. 

AMEN. Gabrielle will ALWAYS be Max's one true love to me. 

17 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure PL created Lindsay.

And, to be honest, even though I like Nora overall, I have always more or less liked Lindsay. I LOVED the story where she went to Statesville, and she and Allison Perkins were trying to figure out how to escape together.