OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes. Sarah was presumed dead in late 1990, and baby Sarah was born in January 1991. She was given the name Sarah Victoria at her baptism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZId4GLVOQII

Carl, thank you for that JDP stuff! I haven't been here in awhile and just saw these. I'll watch them soon. 

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

No problem. That channel has various others too (Phil Carey, Erika, Strasser, RSW). I just noticed the JDP first as I thought you'd enjoy them. It's bittersweet as that came around not long before JFP took a hatchet to the character...

• Members

This whole boilerplate "now I'm living for me for the first time" song and dance they used to sell this story made no real sense when viewers had already seen her living for herself, not her father or children or husband, when she left Clint for Sloan. Did they even acknowledge this?

And this is just eye roll city:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'd never seen this before.

One of the few appearances of the actual Rodi (the very talented LaTonya Richardson).

Max was always super-super-intense with Mia Korf's Blair, and it often comes across to me as offputting. I never got the sense that Gottlieb knew exactly what to do with him.

The Megan stuff is so sad, as is to be expected, of course. I can imagine what a treat the flashbacks were to viewers at the time, especially some of the older flashbacks.

I loved Andrew but it's impossible for me to take those scenes seriously when the general is played by Busmalis from Oz. 

• Members

The continuum of so much of what makes OLTL immortal to me - the social conscience, the gritty realism and character analysis, the cinematic scope at its best, the escapist fantasy - is all in these episodes with their past and present sequences showing the whole range. Even though my experience with the Megan character is minimal and limited to what I can find on YouTube, that whole week is some of my favorite stuff from OLTL. And it contains so many of the reasons I think the show is timeless, versatile and could be revived at almost any point, because it always stayed current, modern and visceral in one way or another. It's not bound to a hospital or a family or a town so much as it's bound to breaking boundaries.

Edited by Vee