OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

We're going way off-topic, and apologies to OLTL fans who may be pissed at this.

But I do think it's telling that Bell himself never re-hired Suckass-Moron-a after she left (and failed miserably) with the creation of Generations. In fact, by her own admission, it was SONY who rehired her in 2005 as a consultant, before LML fired her a year or so later. Also, she only spent about 4 years on Y&R in the mid-late 80s, there were "Bell proteges" who had been with the show much longer and through different incarnations of the show since her original stint with the show.

Judging by her writing from Generations on, this woman isn't even qualified to write her own suicide note, so the constant praise I see from people like Jamey Giddens and Nelson Branco seems based off of one popular catlight clip from Generations and not much else. I remember her taking credit and gloating about the Sheila poisoning Lauren with a necklace story beat during her 2005 return....

Edited by BetterForgotten

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

If Paul Rauch and the writers had intended Sharon Gabet's Melinda to be a substitute for Robin Strasser's Dorian, then they failed.  Based on those YT clips, Gabet's Melinda was all over the place.  Not that Gabet didn't give Melinda her all, mind you.  The show just didn't know what to do with her.

Also, my God, was OLTL over-the-top at that time.  A serious cross between EDGE OF NIGHT (helped by the appearance of several vets from that show) and the nighttime soaps from that era...and not in the good way.