OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I actually loved all those couples, Max and Maggie included. The problem is they spent the next year or so after Malone was fired (and a little longer after that) running on fumes from his supercouples, and there wasn't much good story. The show sort of was just chilling out for a long stretch. It took the big TV Guide interviews on Bo and Nora's sex scandal story with Georgie to get me to pay attention again - something was actually happening.

• Members

Karen has absconded to Nantucket just as Viki and Clint's wedding is about to begin, and Steve plans to fly there to persuade Karen to marry him. In this episode, the following events also occur: Marco, who is late for the wedding, learns of Steve's plans and decides to try acquiring a vital reel of film from him; following the wedding ceremony, Asa surprises everyone, especially Clint and Viki, with his wedding gift; Marco decides to follow Steve after failing to stop him from leaving town; when Karen's husband, Larry, explains he is flying to Nantucket, she tells him to stay away; and, as the wedding reception ends, Gary goes to pick up Clint's car for the newlyweds. But Gary fumbles with the keys, drops them, and spots a bomb attached to the bottom of Clint's car. While Gary is busy calling the police, Clint is surprised to find his car still in the garage and prepares to start the engine.

• Members

I would've found Cord and Luna so boring, honestly - two sweet hicks together. I think they did Max and Luna the best they could, and I think they did the only thing they could do with her exit, which was kill her off. I adored them.

Edited by Vee

• Members

For me Max and Luna were boring after that silly gambling story. She got pregnant and, as Susan Batten said at the time, spent months folding laundry. Cord and Luna would have been interesting for me mostly because he'd just been with Blair, who had feelings for him even as she also had feelings for Max. It would have been very messy on all sides. And I thought Batten and KDP worked well together so that could have been explored.

• Members

Sorry, I don't agree. I don't know much about Max and Gabrielle and i'm sure you are right about Max and Tina but no story was better than Viki and Clint. The only one that would compare was Bo and Nora. Viki and Clint were together for 10 years and they were happy for most of that time. They had major problems but when they came back together, it was pure magic. and it was great how they always came together when it came to the boys and later Jessica. Actually they were officially married for a little over 11 years and got their first divorce papers on Valintines day 1994 and then the offical final ones in early summer. No soap couple could compare to Viki and Clint when they were together and happy. Bo and Nora was a close second but that's it. I'm sure Max and Luna were good but Viki and Clint were soap royalty.

Edited by BKuzak