OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sorry, No, Lindsey was first seen as the ex wife of Sam Rappaport. She was just a "day player" who came back and stayed. She was already pretty established when she walked in and announced she was "Lindsey Buchanan."

Edited by BKuzak

• Members

I remember reading that at the time Kale Browne was cast on OLTL in 1998, he was staying at the home of then-marrieds Michael E. Knight (AMC) and Catherine Hickland. The show was searching for someone to play Sam's ex-wife for what was only supposed to be a couple of shows, so KB suggested Catherine, whose last major soap gig on The City had wrapped the year before. The rest is history.

• Members

And more Triva, The View began in August 1997, in the studio of the old The City Set. Maybe that's how Michael and Catherine met because All My Children was upstairs from The City studio.

I beleive for The View's pilot, they just put their table in the middle of the City set. and then for the actual show, they sharted it up a tiny bit. and then every season they changed it more and more. This season, they moved to a whole new studio.

• Members

Lol at "sharted it up." They definitely retained the painted brick wall and fireplace and some of the furnishings. They replaced some of the slipcovers that The City used to redecorate Sydney's apartment to suit Tracy's taste. I'm surprised The City even bothered, the show had less than a month to go, IIRC.