AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If I'm being very honest, Liza seemed very matronly to me from around 1999 to Marcy's exit. Watching those endless stories featuring her, Ryan and Adam became very embarrassing. I just couldn't buy her as some sex goddess who Ryan couldn't get enough of. She was a frumpy dishrag too much of the time. And it was a shame because she came on so strong and vibrant around 1995.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I think that part of it was just that Marcy never suited those types of stories. To be honest I don't know who would have, as I thought almost everything they wrote for her from 1997 on sucked, but when I look at Marcy in that promo, she still looks beautiful to me. She was never suited to a big sexy affair story. That was never what made her a star on soaps. Even Cruz/Eden wasn't really about that. The only time I'd say she ever played "sexy" was her first year back as Liza, and that was relatively short-term, mostly phased out by around spring 1996 when she went to war with Tad.

• Members

I thought she was very suited to that story in '95, but by '99 or 2000 her hair was that same straight drab look with the same blouses and stuff, and she just looked worn out and tired. I didn't buy her as a force to be reckoned with or a sexual magnet anymore.

• Members

One of the problems in this story was they only did this to cause conflict when Ryan got together with her sister, Mia. They didn't care about Liza at all. And then having her get pregnant with Ryan's child, which also made no sense.

I think the worst mistake they ever made with Liza was that romance with the dumbass who fell out of the tree, Jake. Most of her edge was taken away, and never returned.

• Members

I totally agree with this, especially during the period where Lorraine Broderick was writing in between Pratt and K/S. That Liza was closer to the '95 Liza than anything we got from MW's Liza from ~1997 until she left (which, IMO, was due to a combination of the writers but also MW herself).