AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

I need a video and counter of how many time Erica - and Bianca - have bitch-slapped Kendall.

I never liked RM's Janet. Big Kate Collins fans. It typically takes me a long time to adapt to recasts.

Two clips I want to see as this person is completing their clips. One is of Noah/Kendall. They're arguing and I believe at one point he throws her in the garbage (I thought SMG's Kendall was rather asexual most of the time but I loved their chemistry). During that episode there's a random (I think it was a random) shoot out so they have the scene in slow-motion. Cue Marvin Gaye "Stop Children What's That Sound." The other one is a montage, too. Del is sick and needs a kidney. Nice Kendall comes out to play during this and takes care of him. At the end of the episode there is a great montage to Tracy Chapman's "Baby Can I Hold You."

I was watching E/K's 1995 goodbye the other day. It had less impact 17 years later. I was 14 when those scenes aired. *Goes back to 1995* Dixie & Tad take Kendall in, Tad makes jokes about Kendall stealing from them, Dixie is much nicer and kind of simpatico because of the whole dead father issue. Kendall writes a letter to Erica and Tad is the delivery man. I remember being on the edge of my seat the entire time. Erica rips the letter Tad brings over from Kendall. "Nooooo! Pick it up!! Read it! Why Erica????" Kendall keeps on stalling to leave hoping Erica will come. "She has to come! She has to come!" Erica shows up at Kendall's door. "Yes!!! Aw" I remember wanting Erica so badly to tell her I love you but being satisfied with the hug. After the episode aired I sent a letter to AMC/SMG begging her to come back to the show. I had no idea about taping schedules and all that jazz back then. Her departure was so fast. One week an Emmy, the next week buh-bye.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Me too. She falls off the wagon hardcore, but when she's good she's pretty good and her AMC has always been the AMC that appeals to me the most. She needs a strong EP over her. She was doing really good work on AMC until some point in 1994, at least IMO. I know it's the opposite of what most would say but when LB is writing I'm completely turned off to the show. I didn't miss AMC while it was gone because of how stupid and dull I found the last 6 months.

The first time around, I began losing interest in AMC in mid-1994. It was a combinatio of things... Megan's stories with steam had all ended to some point and her new stories weren't interesting me. I couldn't stand the Santos family but they were rather popular with both her writing and LB's. By 1995, I was well on my way to DAYS. SMC and CM leaving sealed the deal.

• Members

I admit, the more I watch of the 12 episodes uploaded from Sep-Oct 1994, the more I sorta remember why I did love this era of AMC. I can see it coming apart at the seams (Jane somewhat pushing her mom down the stairs and stalling a potentially great confrontation. There are still a lot of good stories being spun around at the time--and in a way I think with Broderick that was lost (and I suspect that was partly network mandated--because I do get the feeling McTavish's stories were getting darker and darker).

A basic scene in a *real* looking courtroom like the one at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U13kFmJGZeo 29:00 in would be unfounded on soaps even five years later.

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

Greg Gordon played Brian when I first started watching. He was Trask's little brother. He and Hayley had to carry around a "flour baby" for a school assignment and when it burst, Hayley washed it out of her hair. Kelly Ripa goes upstairs a goth brunette and comes back down a blonde, and stayed that way.

For me, Borlenghi, who I think came in early '91, was Brian. Eventually I got over the fact he was kind've dopey (unlike Gordon's Brian) and that he talked as if he were constipated and trying to push one out. The other two just weren't there long enough maybe. Although I did like Green's Brian with Dixie, as I couldn't see Cady with Borlenghi.

Edited by cct

• Members

Thank you so much, PC. I'm obviously remembering the wrong Noah/Kendall disagreement episode for the montage. They're trading barbs outside of his mechanic job when the shoot out happens.

I always imagine Mona up in heaven trying not to break out into laughter when Erica's bitchin' and moanin' about what a handful her kids are.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

He was young and horny & she was willing to give him gifts for his services. Back when he was in high school, his nickname was "Tad the Cad" although now you'd probably call him a player (unless my slang is 10 years outdated, which it might be since I was in high school when Greg, Jenny, Jesse & Angie were).

• Members

Annie chokes the hell out of Erica at the end of this clip. Hilarious scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmCrXt3vy1s

And also, Randi/DA Henry North at the beginning of the clip. I remember finding them EXTREMELY hot together. Was I the only one? Kieran Campian who played the DA was so good in this role. What a shame Henry turned out to be a sleaze and they killed him off so quick.