AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

Ah, thanks. Wow, this interview is pre-Y&R. Just imagining the Hucci-Lubers in their little apartment in Queens and all that they'd end up having years later. Oh Susie, I want your life. tongue.png I wonder how good she is at the piano.

Edited by SFK

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

According to her, terrible. She wrote in her book that her dad made her take lessons because he wanted her to learn how to play, and to get out of it, she and a friend locked their piano teacher out of his house.

IDK if Helmut plays or if they had the piano because a friend played or what, but from what she wrote, I got the impression she didn't really play any instruments as an adult.

• Members

I'm getting to somemore reruns on SOAPnet that I missed. March 2009. Anyone remember the Reese/Adam developments? It seemed for a cool minute there that Pratt was going to do something w/them. That trifling woman moved into the Chandler Mansion & was Adam's date at the GoRed event at the hospital. OMG! Well good thing nothing happened and she was replaced in his life with Annie! LOL.

He was trying SO hard to make Reese happen. I rolleyes.gif at her falling face first into some glass & going blind.

• Members

Gloria Hoye appeared in The Brighter Day, As the World Turns, The Secret Storm, Love Is a Many Splendored Thing, Somerset, Another World, and Guiding Light.

She presently is currently a landscape designer. She provides greenery for office and public buildings.

• Members

That, of course, was the late Nancy Marchand playing the mother in the clip above. Her daughter, Katie Sparer, later played Katie, the waitress at McKay's on All My Children.

Matthew Cowles, who later joined the cast of All My Children as Billy Clyde Tuggle, was in the film also.

• Members

Yes, he had already appeared on The Guiding Light.

Other soap opera stars in the movie were:

Patty Duke (The Brighter Day, Kitty Foyle)

Ron Hale (Love Is a Many Splendored Thing, Ryan's Hope)

Martin Balsom (The Greatest Gift)

Salome Johns (Love Is a Many Splendored Thing)

Al Pacino (Search for Tomorrow)

Catherine Burns (Love of Life, One Life to Live)

Peter Turgeon (Dark Shadows)

Daniel Keys (Dark Shadows, Where the Heart Is, Texas)

Dange Crain (As the World Turns)

Dick Smith, who worked on make-up for Dark Shadows, was the make-up man.

• Members

If I remember correctly the whole Reese/Adam thing only lasted a few episodes. I don't think it was ever meant to go beyond that, besides at that point hadn't Tamara Braun already given notice that she was leaving? Rabid fanbases coupled with odd writing choices killed any chance of Reese ever being a sustainable character, unfortunately.

On a side note, are you guys aware of this youtube channel?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Caloosavista2008/videos?flow=grid&view=0

They have most of early 1992 episodes up, and have I think all January-April 1994 episodes up uninterrupted.... and the user continues to upload episodes from 1994. Been like discovering a gold mine. This was exactly when I started daily watching as a 9 year old child, right as the Jane Cox story was beginning. Its been great to relive that time all over again.

It still amazes me to this day how night and day Megan's writing during this period was compared to her 2nd stint, and then of course her 3rd stint. I guess it was Agnes's steady involvement that kept her in line. Some of her staples are clearly still there. Pimping a blonde character to know end (Gloria) and plots that tend to be on the outlandish side, but aside from that the show still felt so cohesive during this time period.

Edited by Adam