Toups

AMC Tribute Thread

5,711 posts in this topic

Man, why did Marcy Walker's hair have to be so short as Liza Colby on All My Children in the early '80s?

23 hours ago, GSGfan2017 said:

Man, why did Marcy Walker's hair have to be so short as Liza Colby on All My Children in the early '80s?

I don't recall that style being at all popular at the time, but I guess it was done to clearly delineate Liza as an unsympathetic, harsh type in contrast to Jenny, with the long 'heroine' locks.

12 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

I don't recall that style being at all popular at the time, but I guess it was done to clearly delineate Liza as an unsympathetic, harsh type in contrast to Jenny, with the long 'heroine' locks.

Paul, do you remember if Liza Colby was introduced before Jenny Gardner?  Judging from stuff I've read, Liza may have been introduced in January 1981.  It's my understanding that Jesse Hubbard was.

BTW, it's unfortunate that Darnell Williams, Debbi Morgan, and Marcy Walker apparently couldn't make it to the All My Children reunion that took place on the Hallmark Channel's Home & Family show earlier this year.  I wonder if footage of Marcy as Liza would've been shown at all if Michael E. Knight hadn't agreed to participate.

Edited by GSGfan2017
Wanted to bring up "AMC" reunion on "Home & Family"

Arlene ''dancing'' to Pebbles makes me laugh.
(Btw, I didn't know Skye aired 'til March.  I have always read she left in February.  Could the airdate be wrong??)

In 1961, James Mitchell was in a short film by GM (the car company) showing their new cars. It's pretty interesting-not the usual "here's our new cars" thing.