AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think it's the woman mentioned below. Bambi White? Really? Not real subtle. 

From The Chicago Tribune"ALL MY CHILDREN: Erica fumed that Adam persuaded a fashion designer not to use Erica as his spokeswoman. Dottie stopped payment on a check she gave Tad after learning he borrowed the money to go after Hillary. Daisy was livid that Palmer gave Cynthia and Andrew fat checking accounts. Liza conned Cliff into giving her back her TV job. Zach persuaded Nina to stay away from Cliff. Myrtle warned Greg he's using Sheila to recreate his life with Jenny. Phoebe sent Bob to Arizona to cheer up Hillary, who misses - Tad. Eugene is intrigued Yvonne can't manage her singing career without Jesse's help. To save social face, Erica charmed Mike into pretending they're married. Adam flaunted model Bambi White in front of Erica. Cynthia realized Daisy has bugged Cynthia's bedroom."

Edited by Leoruby

• Members

I guess this era was less worried about backlash over that type of comment, but I was surprised they had Erica say Natalie deserved what she got from Ross. It also reminds me again that the Richard Fields stuff probably wasn't planned all along. 

I'd also forgotten Langley was still around by this point. 

Those Nina and Palmer scenes have such a spark that the tedious material with Cliff and Matt lacks. 

I wonder how viewers at the time felt about all the breakneck changes Skye went through in these years. 

• Members

Around the time that Cindy and the AIDS storyline were being introduced, there was a character who was posing as a clairvoyant or faith healer.   This character (I honestly do not remember the gender, but I am thinking that it was a female character) was appealing to Phoebe, who was concerned for Hillary and others in her extended family.   I cannot remember the name of the character or the performer who played the role.   Does anyone remember?

• Members

It wasn't.  No matter what anyone might say to the contrary.

Erica's neuroses stemming from the fact that she felt abandoned by her father at such a young age was more than enough explanation or motivation for her chronic behavior.  Megan McTavish's retcon was convoluted, illogical and unnecessary.

If they really wanted to give Erica new sources of conflict in the form of a rebellious daughter, all they had to do was SORAS Bianca to teenage-hood.  It wasn't as if AMC had never done THAT before.  (Besides, given the amount of hell that Erica had put Mona through the years, it made sense to have her only child, raised most of her life away from Pine Valley, turn out to be as selfish and insecure as her mother.)

Instead, we get Miss Continuity F**k-up, followed by the patron saint of lesbian rape victims.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Most of the house fire, which I'd always read about without seeing. A bit is missing. I never knew that a man hit Skye and left her unconscious. The scene itself is chilling (thanks in large part to hair and makeup on Robin Christopher + her performance...she could have done well in horror films). I did shake my head at all the contrivances to get Cindy zonked out in the house alone. 

The fantasy she has of Stuart telling her they've found a cure for AIDS and the scene where Brooke and Tom look at photos of Laura break my heart. 

This is the start of a long, long coma, and then faking a coma for Skye, right? It's such an odd storyline. But did Skye have any stories that weren't odd?