AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

I'm not familiar with "Spoonful," but I agree that this was a wonderful interview. He was very well-versed and clearly a fan, but he wasn't overly pandering. As always, La Lucci was gracious and taken aback. Learning about her grandson was touching and brought out a very real side.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Do you think that when the show had Dr. Chuck Tyler and Donna Beck marry for the second and last time that the fans were clamoring for a reunion to each other?

Over the years, writers broke them up.   Both of them were involved with other people.

Chuck married Carrie.  He also was involved with Devon.   Did he and Melanie Sawyer (Carol McCleur) have an attraction?

Donna married both Palmer and Benny.  She lived with Tom briefly, and she dated Ross.

If I left out anyone connected with these two characters, please add to the list.

But, I am told that Trisha Pursley (Devon) was happy when Devon was involved with Chuck, but Richard van Fleet told her that it was not good because the show seemed to be writing their eventual write-offs.  Devon and Chuck broke up (and she left town again), and he and Donna reunited in a haste before being written off.

Do you think that this reunion was initiated by the viewers?

• Members

Didn't Chuck leave by himself after breaking up with Devon? Donna was around for a few years without him with Benny. Chuck was brought back later after Emily Ann was SORASed along with Billy Clyde. There was a writer turnover where McTavish took over from Agnes around the time Emily Ann, Chuck and Donna all left.

• Members

I've been watching old episodes on Youtube. There are gaps of course that left me with some questions.

Was Dottie still around when Andrew killed Alex Hunter? What were her and Edna's exit storylines? 

How did Alfred Vanderpool, Bob Georgia and Amanda Cousins leave? 

Did Benny love Nina or was it one-sided?

After Ted and Tad's showdown in Canada what happened to Ted? Seriously, the websites I've been to skip over this part. For all I know he died. 

Any info on Mimi Reed's family? I'm up to her and Derek's wedding and haven't heard any mention of them.

Edited by Leoruby

• Members

This was when AMC tried unsuccessfuly to sell GF's Ceara as a gold-digging vixen, coming between father and son.  I don't recall the Ceara/Jeremy/David triangle being as cheesy as that promo, but I DO recall feeling a sense of whiplash when the triangle morphed into a full-blown Jeremy/Ceara romance, as well as with the revelation that Ceara had been abused sexually by her father as a child.  In retrospect, however, it made sense for Agnes Nixon to go in that direction.  GF WANTED to portray an un-Laura-like character, but I don't believe she had (or has) it in her.  But she DID have good chemistry with Jean LeClerc; and that, along with the sexual abuse storyline, fostered Ceara's transformation into a less vixenish, more sympathetic heroine.

• Members

Frankly, Carl, I don't.  IIRC, GF didn't have much to do once Ceara and Jeremy had married.  I remember she was in some Enchantment-related scenes with Erica and maybe Jack, but that's about it.  (Aside from being brained by Janet with a hospital lamp, of course.)  Once Ceara had been outed as a child abuse survivor and had married Jeremy (in a godawful, Geoffrey Beene-designed gown that made poor GF look frumpy), it was as if the writers had stopped writing for her -- probably because, one, Ceara had become almost the total opposite of Agnes Nixon's original vision; and two, her place on the canvas as "'90's businesswoman" had been filled already by Natalie (who was still on the show, I think, but not with Kate Collins) and Brooke.  Yet, for whatever reason, GF has said she really enjoyed being on AMC and hated when ABC told her (and I'm paraphrasing) she was worth more to them as Laura Spencer than as Ceara Connor Hunter.

More likely, if GF had been allowed to re-up with AMC, she might've stuck around as a supporting player -- not an insignificant character, but probably not as on the front-burner as others -- until she followed Jean LeClerc over to LOVING.  As it was, they had her stand-in mop play Ceara (either before GF had returned to GH, or after) for the character's death scenes in order to allow Jeremy to develop new romantic relationships in Corinth.

Edited by Khan