AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Exactly. Channel praised William J. Bell for his work on DAYS, even though the storylines under his reign were filled with the usual soap staples or cliches. It's not the storylines per se that matter most, because by now, every story possible has already been told in one medium or another. The most important thing is how the plots are carried out and delivered on a daily basis, and how the stories affect the characters involved. I think Channel's assessment of AMC was gratuitously harsh. That being said, as a longtime viewer who has had the privilege of watching much of Nixon's work, I do believe that the highlights of her career were penning THE GUIDING LIGHT and (particularly) ANOTHER WORLD, two shows which saw her at the pinnacle of her talents. The first few years of OLTL were also outstanding. I would personally put her writing on those three shows above her work on AMC, but that is not to say the citizens of Pine Valley ever suffered under guidance, either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The sad thing is looking back it was one of Erica's more coherent stories in AMC's last 15 years. I just wish they hadn't gone such a cheap route.

I can't watch that era of the show again...even seeing a photo of Hayley from that point "triggers" me. That story made me feel so sick.

Edited by DRW50

• 2 weeks later...