Homeland: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

OMG! biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png Yes. Um...you hate Dana, right?

The stuff they shot in Lebanon for those first few eps of season 2 was spectacular. Just breathtaking. I still watch & will never forget the scenes with Carrie escaping from all the Lebanese people/authorities coming after her.

What a fantastic show. I'm salivating for season 3. Hope it doesn't disappoint!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:D Ahahaha... I actually don't.... unsure.png:lol: I've never had an issue with mouthy teenagers on shows and I have found all her behavior understandable under the circumstances. The actress is not bad either. But she's far from being a favorite.

OMG the Lebanon stuff was incredibly tense. And then when Carrie finds out she was right all along... absolutely amazing. Her performance there was at the same time what I had hoped for/expected and totally different.

• Members

HAHAHAHA I totally get why people don't like her. I just don't happen to be as annoyed as others (although I do agree that you gotta explore to find any variations in her acting). Which is great, because I bet she would be insufferable.

Brody getting arrested so soon! I love that the show takes your expectations that it will drag things out and throws them out the window. Nobody expected Brody and Carrie's first confrontation to come on episode 7 or for the truth to come out so soon. Which kind of shakes things up fantastically (as long as they can find another main plotline now that Brody's true nature has been exposed). And Lewis and Daines have such amazing chemistry. :wub:

• Members

Just finished Season 2. WOW. What an amazing finale episode.

This are exactly my thoughts:

All those were great scenes! Although I have to point out that the show always seems to do something completely different than what we think it will... so I doubt it's going to be all about Carrie and Brody's love story. Although I do think it's a great idea that she will be trying to exonerate him and thus take us into another arc/terrorist.

Saul's look when he saw Carrie alive at the end brought me to tears. Amazing!

SO many possibilities for Season 3. I just can't wait.

• Administrator

Glad to see a new viewer! This show is so amazing. The first episode of season 3 already leaked online (on torrents), but I'm not going to watch it - don't want to wait another 4 weeks for the next episode. So for those who decide to watch it, please use spoiler tags if you're going to discuss episode 31 since it hasn't aired on TV yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

HOMELAND is back, baby! And they always surprise you.

I like the whole direction they went with Dana's suicide, bringing her grandmother into the picture, the new boyfriend and the naked pics. I have a feeling that may come back to haunt her soon.

There's trouble brewing if Carrie's off her meds again. I really like her relationship with her father, and how he always keeps an eye on her.

It's very nice that they're using last episode's bombing to bring into question all of the CIA's existence. I guess the stuff with Peter was a good way to add some action to the episode.

And Saul betraying Carrie like that!

No Brody, though. :( I was hoping for his brand of hotness.

• Members

Another dangerously boring episode tonight. The f-ck is this?! WHAT happened? Who wants to watch Dana's Land? Don't they know everyone despises Dana, 'cept for YRBB? SICK of this little girl and her crabby face

SO DISAPPOINTED STILL! Claire Danes has been fantastic though, as usual. Hating Saul & I still have no use for Quinn

• Administrator

I agree that the first two episodes have been lackluster mainly because of Dana's storyline. Her storyline last season sucked too. Why are they focusing on her so much? The kids should have a minor role, like Walt Jr on Breaking Bad. The only good part so far were the scenes when the CIA took out those 6 terrorists. The show is called Homeland, so where's the threat? The danger?

• Members

I disagree with both of you :lol: Except for the fact that there's less action. We haven't gotten anything as charged as Carrie being chased through the building.

I'm loving Dana! :D Her stories and development make absolute sense to me.

I think Saul is compromised. He's caught between his love for Carrie and what he needs to do to save the CIA. I'm angry at him but I get it.

And I have a feeling Quinn is here to stay. (of course, on a show like this, they could always kill him off)

The kid storylines are never going to stop. The PTB have made it clear that they want to show the effect of Brody and his mess on his family, so I doubt they will ever not focus on Dana. And I'm sure the son will get more material once he gets older. It's never been a show only about the action and I kinda love it for that.

And I think the threat, while subtle, is clear. Not only is the CIA in imminent danger, we've already seen the search for Javadi (I think?) start and I have a feeling it will build. In many ways, the show has to reboot following the reveal on Brody and the taking down of Nazir. I don't mind giving them the time to do so.

• Members

Episode 3 was very interesting. Glad to see Brody back, although I was a little pissed off when it initially seemed the whole episode was going to be about Brody. So, it was a very pleasant surprise when my Carrie popped up again.

I thought the episode did a very good job of mirroring the loneliness, confinement, desperation and sadness that both Brody and Carrie are feeling. They may be thousand of miles apart but they're going through the same thing, even down to the "medication" they both desire at the end (lithium for Carrie, heroin for Brody). Interested to see how they get out of their respective messes.

Archived