Homeland: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Excellent episode tonight! As usual this show plays too many games w/my head. LMAO. The suicide bomber conference sequence was stellar. Carrie was the target? OMG. And now Quinn has to target her next too? What? I really hope it wasn't Saul who gave him that order and someone else knows about their post office setup, but it's unlikely since there was an actual scene of Saul going there. Not sure how I feel about him doing this.

I am so scared for Carrie WTF

I thought I read the show was going to stop tackling Islamic terrorism & move onto other issues? That's clearly not the case and I don't mind it; I think they do a wonderful job! Love that were back in Beirut.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well things got out of control REAL QUICK tonight and out of nowhere. Another riveting hour of Homeland had me on the edge of my seat! I'm glad Quinn appears to not really want to kill Carrie! That was a great ruse the show pulled connecting him w/Jonas' family. And yet another spellbinding performance from Claire Danes...goddamnit! Also I can't w/the show bringing Aayan back like that LMFAO it was so OTT! I was expecting to see somemore returns for those hallucinations; they should've brought back Haaqani and Abu Nazir too.

WTF w/Saul and Allison having an affair? And when exactly did that start?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This show plays too many [@#$%^&]ing games and I just can't! Even more questions have arisen after this past Sunday's ep! Do we have yet another red headed traitor on our hands? WHAT is this Allison chick really all about. Is she trying to kill Carrie AND Quinn? Did she have something to do with the plane bombing at the end (those cigarettes...were they the trigger?). And what about poor ol trifling Saul? Is he in on it for real? I mean he's having an affair with her after all. This is just too damn much for me I don't know what to think!

OMG!! Ok.

• Members

Tonight was epic. That's all there is to say really. I can't wait for next week; Saul & Carrie together again how it should be! Also, this episode was named "Better Call Saul" and that's just plain brilliant.

Homeland's finer than ever!

Also. I am enjoying the hell out of Miranda Otto's trifling performance as Allison. Will she completely go through with it? Is she even? Loving it.

• Administrator

The first three episodes were very slow - there was a lot of setup.  Things started getting better with episode 4 with Quinn/Carrie.  The show is better when Quinn/Carrie/Saul are together or trying to help each other. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Overall, this season is serving "just enough" teas. It isn't going above and beyond like usual. The suspense, drama, intrigue is all there but there hasn't been much of a wow factor. Despite all that, I'm very much invested in what they've built and I'm sure the second half of the season will be can't miss. I can't wait to find out what's in the documents and what journey it'll take Carrie on next ;-)

In the latest episode, I absolutely LOVED the Saul scenes when he was whisking through the office trying to get ahold of the docs and help Carrie after all. The music score for that scene was amazing! I replayed it over and over

• Members

I am loving your posts AMD! Just like the rest, this season has been completely engrossing. The elevator scene tonight almost gave me a damn heart attack. And that ending, "Oh, F*ck!" sums it up quite nicely. Of course, that is basically every episode with this show.

Miranda Otto is spellbinding. I want to punch Alison in the face, but at the same time bow down to her greatness. Tonight's ending had me infuriated. But I want it. I want it all.

Rare on this show, but it was easy to call the cabbie's fate. Poor bastard.

Is During gay? Because the guy who answered the door to (sexy as hell) Jonas was clearly a house boy, no?

• Members

Yes this show gets me hyped ever single damn time, I'm so mad! I pretty much had several heart palpitations within the last 5 mins of the latest ep. Carrie wandering through the Amsterdam house almost getting caught & that absolutely TERRIFYING elevator ambush. WTF?!

First off. WTF? I didn't like Carrie calling Allison or Saul spilling the beans to Allison so easily. I hate seeing her start to get her way after all. It's been too fun watching her crumble (that scene in the bathroom when she was breaking down? OMG). I hated the contrasting SMUG, vindicated look on her face by the end of the episode as Carrie got right where she wanted her. Infuriating indeed and I look forward to how they get her out of this. Carrie vs. Allison (except Carrie doesn't know yet) will be must see

But also wait didn't Carrie recognize Allison's voice on the phone a few episodes back? When she answered in Russian? Could Carrie possibly be playing her. I'd love to see that.

Why didn't Carrie shoot the goon in the back as he was opening the safe box? I was positive that was where they were going. It would've been easy for her to get the other guy too. Oh well. Those Amsterdam scenes were great & I liked how they connected the doomed Iraqi cabbie guy from her past. 

Am i the only one who thought that guy on the phone said Abu Nazir? I freaked the hell out at the thought of him still being alive. LOL.

Omg, i wondered if the guy at the door was a house boy too. I have to say him, Jonas, Quinn, hell even the jihadi guys are all hot AF this season!!! And can act. The casting peeps definitely have great taste all around B)

Oh and I love that the super secure WiFi password for During is "pope francis" :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

OMG. Well, it was another low key finale with the exception of the thrilling beginning. Much better than last seasons that's for sure. I loved how it focused on Carrie's decisions. Big WTF @ Düring wanting Carrie this whole time. Seriously? Gross. Makes sense now why he was trying to turn Jonas against her but still. No. 

Quinn loved Carrie this whole time. Not surprised! I loved that poignant ending! Could be interpreted two ways -- did she pull the plug on him or have second thoughts? What did the light even mean? I wasn't 100% sold on those light transitions in the ep

Damn, they shot up Allison. I wanted her to escape and surface again in a later season! LOL. 

I don't need to ever see Laura or Newman again

• 5 months later...

Archived