Homeland: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

HOMELAND is a psychological thriller that tells the story of Carrie Anderson (Claire Danes), a CIA officer battling her own demons, who becomes convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of Scott Brody (Damian Lewis) a U.S. soldier who had been missing and presumed deal for nine years, was a setup and may be connected to an Al Qaeda plot to be carried out on American soil. Mandy Patinkin will portray Saul, a veteran CIA Division Chief who is Carrie’s (Danes) boss and mentor. HOMELAND is written by Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa and Gideon Raff, and is based on Raff’s Israeli television series “Prisoners of War.” The series will be produced by FOX 21.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Thanks!

I wasn't going to bother watching the new Showtime drama, Homeland, despite a great cast led by Claire Danes and Mandy Patinkin because, well, I have a bias against modern war pieces (though this isn't really, to be fair), and its two creators worked on 24, a show I never liked (to be fair the main creator also worked on Buffy and other shows), but it's getting pretty much the best reviews of any new show this season. I guess, despite the element of the Iraq war, it's more of a spy thriller puzzler. (Out of 14 magazine and paper reviews so far, Metacritic has its score at 90%). So I'll probably give it a chance...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It may be, but it's the kind of thing that annoys me, especially in spy scenarios that are already convoluted enough. I don't want to spoil anything for you, but let's just say I'm getting a Jack Bauer (24) feeling. That's not a bad thing, just frustrating at times.

• Members

Oh, you didn't sound rude at all. I understood what you meant. I'm basically complaining about the show's premise, so why am I watching? LOL! It's only like "24" in the sense that the bosses have a reason to doubt an agent who is pretty clearly in the right. That was always happening with Jack. It's the whole agent has to fight to even get his own people to listen and then fight the bad guys on top of it all troupe.

I'm not a huge fan of movies shows that have to do with 9/11, but this one is really good so far. Not that it really has much to do with 9/11, but just the whole agent feeling guilty about 9/11 thing sort of annoys me. So many countries have full blown war on their lands and constant terrorism, this idea that 9/11 is something we (the US) can never get over just doesn't sit well with me.

• Members

here you go JJ<object id="player" width="425" height="344" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" ><param name="movie" value="http://videobb.com/e/VzUnTJwJC4Ne" ></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" ></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://videobb.com/e/VzUnTJwJC4Ne" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Administrator

Yeah, I'm going to need to see more of Brianna Brown nude! That 2 second flashback wasn't enough. LOL

Never thought Morena Baccarin was hot before - maybe it was the extremely short hair on "V". But she definitely looks great on this show. Nice nude/sex scene in the first episode.

I'm loving the show so far. Can't wait to see what the terrorist attack will be.

Archived