AMC: Hubbard birth spoilers

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So what if it's a soap? That doesn't justify character assassination. J&A can have angst and drama without their baby dying. Saying it's a soap is a copout too

I guess AMC did not see the backlash Jake's death on GH is getting.

What happens if Maya gets her baby back? J&A get crapped on AGAIN

• Members

This is why soaps are dying. I can't be okay with a storyline that will do too much damage to good character's. I want them front burner and to win an emmy, but not like this.

I want J&A in a GOOD front burner storyline, not one that will kill their marriage and destroy Jesse's character, cause no way in hell he'll come out of this smelling like a rose.

This show lacks a heart J&A can be that, but sounds like that's not gonna happen

• Members

Apparently J&A are getting the cover of SOD so maybe AMC has finally figured out that they're a draw.

Forgive me if I'm not ready to let Jesse and Angie turn into Joe and Ruth. I know some people want to see J&A do nothing but kiss and pray but I want more.

TV needs to be either fun or compelling and this sounds like it will definitely be compelling. Yes it may suck but I'll be watching and that's something I haven't been able to do for months.

• Members

A healthy baby, or one that wouldn't cause any conflict, IS BORING to a lot of viewers. This show especially needs to bring it, and a sweet story about a family dealing with a baby with a birth defect just isn't going to cut it right now. I really don't see what the big issue is. I love and have always loved soaps as much as the next person, but let's be honest...they've always been plot-driven and have always had characters doing things that we viewers think are out of character. These shows thrive on plot and always have. And there's nothing wrong with that. I've always found that whole "soaps should be or used to be character-driven" arguement very silly. These shows in their current form were the heir-apparent to the Saturday morning cliffhangers, which were all about plot, plot, plot. It's been the too-outlandish McTavishy & Pratt stories, the ones that have been told solely for shock value and that were ultimately an end unto themselves, that have helped to drive viewers away in droves. Viewers love family-oriented stories. I think something like this, that will hopefully ultimately be a Hubbard family (and their extended family of friends) storyline, could work. Sorry...just ranting.

• Members

The main cover picture is Jesse and the baby. There's an inset of Angie. Sharon/Adam, Luke the Jake killer and some OLTL guy are on the cover too but in small pictures. (Sami from DAYS too). But definitely an AMC cover.

The replacement baby does look black. So maybe there's a AA father to come in down the line.

• Members

I think that drama can be good and interesting, but I also think at times it can be too dreary. IMO, this is one of those times. Angie goes blind so that the baby can possibly be born healthy only to have the baby die, and then Jesse/Brot lie and give her an abandoned baby who she may get close to and bond with. Only to possibly have that baby taken from her if Maya and/or the baby's father decides they want the baby back.

And Angie is still blind. She may end up losing all the way around Plus there is something creepy/gruesome about Jesse literally burying their child and not telling her about the baby and letting her and the rest of the family about the baby's death. There's drama and then there's piling it on, this is piling it on IMO. And I think that K&S have proven that they stink at writing really any type of storyline, so the only good thing in this storyline will probably be the acting. Which is really the only good thing in any of the storylines that K&S have written.

Things might could be somewhat interesting if Angie/Jesse divorced over this and Angie turned to someone else (like David), but I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't happen. It's going to be another one of K&S's awful storylines with the acting from people like Debbie Morgan being the only saving grace in it.

Archived