AMC: Hubbard birth spoilers

• Members

Judging by the spoilers, I don't think what Jesse's doing can even be compared to what Tad, Babe, Krystal (and David) did.

Jesse isn't keeping a baby from a parent, he isn't playing God deciding on who deserves to raise a baby and who doesn't.

Maybe further down the line he will realize that Maya is the mother of the baby and keep quiet but even then, Maya abandoned her baby.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Probably not but it tends to spiral, and I'm also not sure if the story will work after so many characters have done horrible things and gotten away with them. What Jesse is doing with Maya is not as bad as the stunts from some others over the years but will viewers accept that or will they be so sick of this type of story that they wash their hands of the characters?

• Members

I think the jail issue was raised because you cannot legally find a kid on the street, in the back of a police car, in a manger, wherever, and simply claim it as your own. Especially if you're the Chief of Police. You've got to report the child missing, go through proper procedure, the baby could have been kidnapped for all they know (I'm sure they'll work in scenes of Jesse and Brot doing their homework, hopefully wise enough not to leave a paper trail Mayor Blanco, David, or whoever else sniffs out). Even if it went unreported, it would catch up with them eventually. Cassie had to be convinced to do this when she found River on OLTL, and hell, at least she had mental illness on her side. Again, if the writing is in Jesse's utterly desperate corner, I agree that this doesn't have to be as character damaging as it might seem. Emotional forgiveness is a given, his career may not survive as easily. And truly, they may need to push him to the edge of mentally breaking just in order to sell this. Not straightjacket muttering crazy, but the "good" kind of wholesome, loving crazy where you're so consumed with your blind wife's mental and emotional well-being that you'd try to pass off a replacement baby as her own. The utter size of that act cannot be downplayed.

• Members
When I first read the spoilers and thought Jesse actually buried Ellie as in threw dirt over her, I said that he should have a mental break... with Brot doing the dirty deed, I think a mental break is still in order. Supposedly Jesse already had a breakdown so I think this is the very thing that could send him there again.

Archived