AMC: Hubbard birth spoilers

• Members

YIKES :( I'm sure DM and DW will bring it but this is NOT something I want to see.

From SoapCentral

Angie's baby is stillborn. Brot finds an abandoned baby. Jesse decides to tell Angie that baby is hers. The baby is Maya's (the new young, pretty Chandler maid).

Kreizman calls this the most emotional story they've told so far on AMC; it wasn't an easy decision - pros & cons were weighed. They wanted the audience really invested in the happiness and the baby here for impact. Jesse takes Angie to the place they got married in back in 1983. She goes into labor. Something isn't right with the baby. Brot arrives on the scene. Jesse is holding the dead baby when he hears a baby cry. It's a baby that was left in Brot's patrol car. A desperate Jesse decides he has to spare Angie. Morgan and Williams are over the moon about the material. Morgan notes if Angie could see this deception wouldn't have worked. As is, she's in heaven, so happy as Jesse goes through the motions for her sake. There's a scene where Jesse returns to where he buried his child to beg for forgiveness (the cameramen were crying). Jesse wants the dead child to have the name Ellie, so convinces Angie to call the baby somehting else - they decide on Lucy. How long will this secret stay hidden? With David around who knows...

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe we watched Angie have to choose between her sight or her baby, all for the baby to end up being stillborn.

I guess I can see why the actors like this, it's good stuff to play, but this show is too depressing. We've had "dead" David, Zach is "killed" and Kendall has had one crisis after another since and it's only gonna get worse, Annie was taken away to a mental institution, and now we have a stillborn child?

Good performances by the actors or not, who really wants to watch all this? Plus with these writers, I'm sure we'll get a few days of good stuff/performances, but they can never follow through.

• Members

I think this is the wrong story for these characters and wrong for the show. The baby switch with Bianca and Babe isn't that far in the past and I think doing this type of thing again may just make people see most of the characters in a negative light (Jesse/Brot for doing this, Angie for not realizing) and also wondering why this is happening again.

I think it's also way too dark at a time when AMC may be ending and fans might want something happier.

I'm not saying the show needs to be happy happy but it just seems like the writers grafting a story they want onto the characters whether it fits or not.

• Members

I'm conflicted. I hate the sound of this but Jesse and Angie can't always be allowed to be the happy, strong ones. That's a trip to the backburner. DM and DW are going to tear this up.

I wonder what role Frankie will play in this. And Tad. And Jake. Man, this is going to give my favorite actors a chance to shine.

• Members

I agree. I'm torn too. Jesse and Angie were headed for the backburner had she just given birth to a healthy baby. Sure, they can cure her blindness, but then what?

This is such a huge lie for Jesse to carry. I guess that's part of the story though.

• Members

There's no way their marriage can survive this once the truth comes out. I'm really hoping that they don't make David fall back into his cartoonish moustache twirling villain. After what he went through with Leora, this could be a chance to give him some layers again. I know David and the Hubbards are "enemies" but this should be something that gets to him.

Archived