House Of Cards from Netflix

quartermainefan

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DISCUSSION ON EPISODE 3.01 FOLLOWS. Do not read if you haven't watched and wish to remain unspoiled:

What an unexpected way to come back! Frank visiting his father's grave and peeing on it? YES!

The stuff with Doug was so unexpected, bleak and horrendous (in a good way). I thought for sure he'd be dead. His recovery from his brain injury was very sad to watch, not to mention the obvious psychological torment that he is in. Falling in the bathtub, breaking his arm and fashioning a brace from duct tape and a wooden spoon was classic. And all for Frank to turn him down! It was heartbreaking and creepy to watch him fall off the wagon and ask a prostitute to squirt bourbon in his mouth via a syringe. Damn. Ew.

It was fun seeing Frank desperately try to earn some respect, although I prefer to see him wheeling and dealing instead of discussing payments to retirees and such. Maybe we'll get back to that soon.

There are beginning to be cracks between Frank and Claire! EXCITING but also scary, because watching them plot and scheme and manipulate and use others as a team was one of THE draws of the show. Still, I'll trust that they know what they're doing. Besides, the two can feud and then make up again. Or Frank could just turn to Meechum for more comfort, which is my personal choice. tongue.png

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Finished Season 3 today. The deterioration of Frank and Claire's marriage that started at the beginning of the season finally reaches its boiling point and there were hands grabbing faces and cutting words galore. It was a thrilling finale episode, even though it all doesn't necessarily stand under closer scrutiny. It was an enjoyable season although I feel that a lot of the fun and excitement of the show has gone out now that Frank & Claire achieved their ultimate goal. At this point, you can sort of sense the writers were struggling to come up with plausible drama. Still, "I'm leaving you." It'll be interesting to see how they follow this up.

I would love for them to surprise us and have Frank lose the presidential nomination (or be a candidate and ultimately lose). We need him and Claire back to their scheming, season 1 and 2 ways.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I just finished it and this season was fantastic!  I thought last season was kind of slow but they sure made up for it this season.  I don't think I was ever bored with an episode.  The Frank/Claire dynamic continues to one of the best duos on television - loved the last scene, the  last words of the season.  LOL 

• 1 year later...

Archived