House Of Cards from Netflix

quartermainefan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well Hubby and I spent 13 quality hours together over the weekend and we watched all 13 Season 2 episodes (well they're only 45 minutes, but you know what I mean). The begginning and the end were perfection. Some of the stuff in the middle dragged. I'm already impatient for Season 3 though, so I guess it did what it was supposed to. I'm already missing it, so I will watch again. I love that Remy has a bigger role and I like the new House Whip Jackie. Great addition to the cast.

• Members

• Members

I found myself cheering during the last ten minutes of the season. I guess I'm in the minority with my feelings of being totally okay with the Underwood's always seemingly coming out on top. I think this season, they actually got hit with way more twists and turns on their way to the top. I loved it but now I'm sad I'm done.

• Members

I know. I kind of was depressed. But it's so good, I will watch it again. I loved his "knock knock knock" at the end. It actually startled me.

I hear that S3 is suspended for now because Maryland, where this is filmed, is apparently going to raise taxes on blah blah blah (that's what I hear immediately following the word "tax") and until it's resolved before the House of Delegates, they aren't going to tape. FWIW.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Started season 2.

Episode 1 had a virtually perfect ending with Frank talking to the camera for the first time in the episode saying "You thought I forgot about you, or perhaps you'd hoped I did." And, then, the cuff links Meecham gave him: "F U" LMAO Amazing.

Zoe's death was great. Don't miss her and I kinda saw it coming but it was great nonetheless.

Rachel and Douglas have a nicely complicated dynamic. I enjoy watching them.

I'm also liking Jackie although I feel it's becoming a problem that there is no worthy adversary for Frank. We all know the drill: He has a plan, there will be some obstacle, by episode's end he will be victorious. In the beginning, it was fun, but after having murdered two people already, it's not as much fun watching him win all the time. He needs a serious antagonist, someone who could very well win against him. I hope they go that way soon (but don't tell me!).

Archived