Adele Thread

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't realize she had a quote about sticking to the same formula, here it is since it goes back to a prior discussion about her:

11988665_912970668791878_586513262091356

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Administrator

Loved that SNL Thanksgiving miracle. :lol:

This is only after one listen, so songs may grown on me as I listen to it more.  I thought the album was good but not spectacular.  I liked 9 out of the 14 songs. So far my favourites are: Hello, Send My Love (To Your New Lover), Water Under The Bridge.  The songs are definitely not at the caliber of 21's songs.  There are no really big songs like: Someone Like You, Rolling In The Deep, Turning Tables, Set Fire To The Rain. 

• Members

See, and her humility is one of the main reasons I've always enjoyed her. Just to clarify my thoughts, she doesn't have to do anything different at all. I'd love to see her grow and change and evolve, but I'm not hating on the new album. She's the best mainstream vocalist of her time and, as noted above, will destroy the competition every step of the way.

• Members

I don't know if you knew this, Toups, but apparently SML(TYNL) was partially inspired by Adele and Ryan Tedder going to lunch and hearing Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble." He told her Max Martin produced it, and she went back to a song she had written at 13 (after being inspired by listening to Amy Winehouse) and just fleshed it out. Knowing that now, I can definitely hear some of the influence of IKYWT in the song.

• Administrator

Yup, I knew about it. I keep up on Max Martin news.  :)   I'm pretty sure that the song will be released as a single and it will go to #1.  And it will get Max closer to Paul McCartney's record of most #1s as a writer. 

Edited by Toups

• Members

This is why Adele is the best: The #1 superstar in the world, yet no diva no conceit and just really, really nice and humble:

It's almost physically painful to see her having to hold back on US TV shows :lol: You know she's just itching to curse a storm.

JFC! 25 just might go ahead and sell crazy numbers like 21 in the long run!