Soap Opera Feuds

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for explaining. :) It's true that actors can be released every 13 weeks. Sometimes the cycle is 26 weeks, depending on how long they've been with the show. I've heard of 52 weeks which I assume would be for the very few life-time vets like ES but I've never seen it "in action." I hope Laura's Cassie returns for the finale with Andrew and River.

IMO, the two Kevins who came before Stapleton were tied for the worst-ever Kevin - Ken Kenitzer and Jack Armstrong (who was fired after less than a handful of scenes). Armstrong's final (and best, IMO) scene was collapsing unconscious after Tori clocked him over the head with a vase outside Llanfair. My favorite Kevin was Kirk Geiger who was fired because one of the ABC/CapCities Daytime execs (pretty sure it was MADD, in charge of the east coast soaps) said he was "too short to be considered leading man material." :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Jack armstrong was before Ken. Ken Kenitizer was the one Tori Hit In The Head. He lasted a month

Linda Gottlieb did not get along when she was EP with Phil Carey & James Depavia, who threw couches

Phil Carey didnt like having women as EP, Going all the way back to his first at OLTL, Jean Arley

• Members

Scott Thompson Baker said in a 1994 SOD interview that he and Cady McClain had issues at AMC, leading to disagreements and "public outbursts," but finally agreed to disagree. He added that she was nice.

• Members

On AMC I don't think Richard Shoberg and Tonya Pinkins were the best of friends. Just recalling this now. When Tom and Livia became a couple, I remember her bitching to the press that she wanted to be paired with Walt Willey instead, and that she didn't care for the Tom character because he was too milquetoasty. Not sure how her feelings translated to her relationship with Shoberg, but I probably wouldn't have made these comments if I was good friends with my costar.

• Members

I loved Kirk Geiger too!

Gibbs was never a bad actor, he just wasn't Kevin. In fact, he was nominated for an Emmy for the part, though I'm sure JFP's bloc-voting ways had a lot to do with that.

:lol:

One of my least favorite World Turns stories EVER!

Archived