Soap Opera Feuds

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course KSJ was backnered before he spoke out, the whole Wintersn (sans Lily) clan was backburned and still are since MAB took over :lol:

And yes MYS and JW "spoke out", they were unhappy with their story and money (according to Jamey) and as soon as they resigned they were backburnered even worse then before. There are many ways to speak out imo and they did as other did things to get them punished, it is what it is <_<

Mordor :lol:

• Members

Kristoff was not backburnered before he spoke out. Khalil had more airtime than he did but he was still heavily involved in story. During & after not so much.

And no neither Jess nor MTS spoke out. Ever.

They were both relatively backburnered prior to their respective contract issues, very silent during their negotiations, only gave a few interviews to clarify rabid fan gossip & returned to pretty much the same amount of airtime/story they had before negotiations.

So no there are not "many ways to speak out" nor were their contract issues in any way comparable to the way Kristoff was punished.

• Members

I wasn't sure about MTS but I don't remember Jess saying anything until she had no real choice, after the situation was over. I guess Melody was the same way. Either way it's not the same as Braeden's nauseating, chest-thumping publicity tour, or Morrow's never-ending tantrum to the press.

When MAB first came she did give more story to the Winters - it wasn't very good story, but it was story (the Ana and Tyra stuff). Only when Rauch and Sheffer arrived did that story get slashed down further. I can't remember what story KSJ had when he criticized them. Was it the Ashley stuff?

• Members

As I stated bwfore, a person doesnt have to personally speak out pubically for them to speak out. Ialso said people did other things that got them punished by this regime. The Soap Press early on told us that JW and MTS are in the midst of contract negotiations and thay are not happy for various reasons, JW walked off the set blah, blah, then they resigned and were hardly seen on screen for months as their character's were in the midst of high drama.

Morrow threw his tantrum in the press and guess where he is still at, stuck in the Shick drama and not in his fav pairing :lol: I bet the also made him present with Case at last years Emmy show as wel because he sure enough publically said he was NOT going in the same interviews he was throwing his tantrums

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Her issues were more with the producers than the cast. She was a real bitch on set, especially when she asked out of her contract to film "The Princess Bride" and they made her extend for a year. She was offscreen for about 6 months to film, and I think they made her extend for like 9 months to a year. I completely understand why they did it- she basically would have been at the end of her contract when she returned from filming. Either way, it left a bitter taste in her mouth and she was a royal bitch before and after filming it.

In her defense, for the first year or so, the SB actors' hours were grueling- oftentimes 18-20 hour days while the producers tried to figure out a way to streamline filming. Many of the actors slept on set. And Wright being the lead female in those years AND one of the few actors who actually could learn their lines and act, much of the burden was on her shoulders. Lane Davies has been often quoted as saying that in the first year, he, Marcy Walker, A Martinez, Nic Coster, Louise Sorel, and Wright were carrying the show because they could learn their lines, hit their marks, and deliver.

They did not. DeJesus was a royal bitch on set and Jed said as much in his book. She acted as though she was above everyone because she was f*cking Jimmy Smits. Funny thing is, DeJesus made a HORRIBLE Santana and never fully grasped the character.

I've also heard over the years that Kristian Alfonso was jealous of all the airtime that Eileen Davidson got during her last 2 years on the show. I remember an SOD editor (Sloane I think) alluding to it in one of the old SOD online chats. I'm pretty sure that's why Alfonso was given the Princess Gina story soon after. Anyone else hear this?

• Members

HIGHLY Rumored On OLTL That Farah Fath Grew Jealous Of The Kish (Fish & Kyle Story) because it became a fan fave while her story with Stacy was not. Even though it got more airtime.

So when The Kish story was cut, story has it that Farah went to Nelson Branco and told him Kish was cut cause Brett & Scott were hard to work with, showing up drunk.

Now Nelson who works at TV Guide Canada ran the story without checking the other side. Since than many OLTLers Have Come Out and said Thats not true

Archived