Soap Opera Feuds

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Dobsons vs New World was epic, though some, including myself, suspect it played a major factor in SB's demise. Obviously, had none of it ever happened and the Dobsons remained with the show.....well, things would have been different. But what I'm talking about is after they won the lawsuit, NBC/New World pretty much wanted SB gone.

I really wish New World had just left well enough alone. It pains me to think what SB would have been like had the Dobsons remained in control throughout SB's entire run. But everything happens for a reason- who knows if my beloved Marcy would have her Emmy had none of it happened.

• Members

Thanks for posting the Beverlee McKinsey interview, Paul Raven. I remember that interview like it was yesterday. I couldn't stop laughing as I read it. I thought of all the actors, particularly women, that JFP screwed over the years. Finally, someone got her good. Bravo Beverlee! You were a superstar for sure.

• Members

Farah Fath & JPL Reportdley Did Not Like Crystal Hunt Cause It Changed Their Story and Then Brett & Scott Because The Kish Story was More Popular.

FF rumored to be the one that told Nelson Branco at TVguide CAnada That Brett & Scott Were Difficult to work with and showed up drunk. NB Then Printed That as Fact and Various Co-stars Like IK and NR Said That was Not True at all

• Members

NR, NR, NR, NR, NR.....*trying hard to think* Who's NR? And where did NR and Ilene say that it wasn't true? I absolutely believe that it wasn't true and that they said it wasn't, but I just want to see it for sure. If FF and JPL were really that jealous, then...I don't even know what to say. Hey, Farah, still on MySpace, bitch? Let me upgrade ya, Farah girl!

• Members

I knew I was going to love most of this bunch.

I do have a personal story. I corresponded with Ilene Kristen on my birthday. I told her I don't normally do this sort of thing, but it was a special day and I wanted to tell her she was my favorite soap star, which she is. And I told her the usual embarassing stuff like I thanked her in a sold out program I was in under my bio because I really was following her closely as Delia Reid Ryan when they reran RH on SoapNet. Ms. Kristen, was sooooooo kind to me. She took the time to tell me Happy Birthda and that she was flattered I thought so highly of her...she is a Leo, so I am sure it made her day. But most of all she encouraged me to visit New York and experience the art. I think I am going to have to someday.

On another occassion, before this one, I use to be close with the young man who worked on her web page, and I think was in charge of her fan club. I once made mention of how I totally related to Delia. Probably TMI for you all, cause I am relatively new, but she played it with so much depth and integrity that you knew she wasn't trying to be evil like characters such as Stefano DiMera, or Dorian Lord...at any rate, John, the young man showed her the letters and made it a point to me that she was very touched by that. That made my day. So she's a very appreciative woman, and I hope someday I can see her live act.

Okay, enough gushing :)

Erik

Archived