Soap Opera Feuds

• Members

I love that interview! She's so honest and upfront, doesn't !@#$%^&*] foot around. And the best part was, after all those years of service, as she was about to leave she was asked "...what are you gonna do now?" And she said (and I can just imagine this too), "Go home to feed my dog." That is like the classic ending to a movie or something.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll share one and seems appropriate considering it's March and a year later, but allegedly by the time Brett Claywell got fired from OLTL, him and Farah Fath didn't get along too well. The two supposedly got into an argument on what ended up being his final day of taping.

• Members

The Zaslow thing was hard all around. No one knew for months what was going on with him so they could not plan a storyline out. Zaslow himself was a hard worker but he had a prickly ego (of which is illness I am sure effected him) who insisted on going on despite, (from what I heard) being asked to take time off to figure out what was what going on. In this instance I dont think it was Rauch (who may be a bastard but is not a total villian) but P & G and MADD who figured they would be able to cut a high paying (if not THE highest paid) cast member at time when the budget needed to be slashed. MADD"S comments were inexcusable though.

Imagine watching Roger deal with this as he manipulates family and enemies to set the stage for after his death...(a perfect to bring in a Sebastian character.) However, it would also be hard, from a long time viewer (I grew up watching Roger) to see him suffer.

The Charita Bauer thing was different....she had an amputation but she could still act and speak clearly and be Bert. If she had had a stroke who knows what they would have done.

• Members

Listen, as someone who had watched MZ on GL and OLTL, it was tough to see him in the condition that he was in when he returned to the latter show as ALS-stricken, wheelchair-bound David Renaldi. But 1) I had to applaud JFP for once for allowing him to return (although, part of me thinks she was motivated more by publicity, as well as a need to regain some good karma after allowing both Beverlee McKinsey's departure and Maureen Bauer's death to happen under her watch at GL); and 2) right to the end, even if he no longer had the spark that made his performances the stuff of soap legend, he still exuded nothing short of dignity and inner strength in the face of such adversity.

• Members

Jeanne Cooper: Love, love, love! Had a half-hour conversation with her about the industry one day at the end of the work day. Here it is almost 5 o'clock, she's totally able to head on home, and she sits with me in her dressing room and we talk about daytime, her son Corbin, the industry, lack of respect from primetime, etc. Great, great lady!!

That was actually nice of you to focus on the good stuff.

I have heard lots of lovely things about Jeanne Cooper from my friend that worked on the show... that she's a real pro, and a lovely person, and she enjoys people. Very gracious.

Erik

• Members

Oh crap, I totally forgot about Peter Bergman! Very, very nice. Totally forgot. Sorry. We talked about that infamous Daytime Emmy year when they mistakenly thought Susan Lucci's name was called when it was really Susan Flannery.

Tracey Bregman, I barely saw. David Lago wasn't on the show, but visited.

Archived