Soap Opera Feuds

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As Carl said, P&G moved MK to GUIDING LIGHT from ANOTHER WORLD, where she had been playing Angie Perrini, b/c she had sued Paul Rauch for (surprise, surprise) sexual harassment. Needless to say, when Rauch took over GL years later, MK was gone soon after.

• Members

Or worse, they'd actually team up, so to speak, and make everyone else's lives living hell.

I think a big problem w/ SSH was the fact that her mother, Elizabeth Harrower, had been a writer for many years @ DAYS and Y&R. It's sort of like why people distrusted the professional relationship between Bill Bell and his offspring, Lauralee; except, in Papa Bell's case, he wielded considerably more clout.

Yeah, the Ben Warren non-mystery must've been the final straw for her. The entire "storyline" was just too insulting for words.

• Members

I guess it's time to mention the Jane Wyman Falcon Crest feuds - supposedly she had conflicts with Simon Mackorindale, Mel Ferrer (he blamed her for his exit), Robert Foxworth (he insisted they get the same size trailer; when he began directing episodes, she had it put in her contract that she could direct too, even though she had no intention of doing so), Lana Turner (they disliked each other so much that soon their scenes together had to be filmed separately and then spliced together).

• Members

I think Hubbard's contract expired, and she walked. Not that FMB fought hard to keep her, though. I just think she (FMB) did not realize how valuable Lucinda had been to ATWT's ongoing success. As someone once said (and I'm paraphrasing), Lucinda was the kind of character, and EH the kind of actor, you didn't show right at the start of an episode, b/c it would build up suspense for the audience.

• Members

Liz quit because she hated the stories they gave Lucinda, they wouldn't give her story input, and I think she felt that Behr was mocking her (she talked about Behr saying Hubbard could have a blooper reel called "Liz Unleashed." or something like that).

Archived