Soap Opera Feuds

• Members

He said it was because he tried to preach to them.

Kaye Stevens - I haven't seen her game show appearances but I'm not surprised. She seems very fake to me - over and over the soap magazines have this concert photo of her where she seems to be looking up to the heavens, dewy-eyed. It's all very Jimmy Swaggart meets Sweeney Sisters.

Wasn't there a claim that she punched Susan Seaforth when they were in the ladies room or backstage or something?

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I also read that she didn't get along with Vincent or Grant back when she was on GL. It's so hard to believe, because you watch their scenes (Judi with Grant and with Vincent) and there is such a sweetness and a tenderness, and there seems to be such a connection there, that to read they didn't get along - it's shocking to me, but in most of their interviews from those times, it's mentioned that there is "no love lost" between Judi and Grant and/or Vincent.

Recently, Judi has done radio interviews and talks about how she LOVES everyone and how she loved working with Grant and with Vincent, that they were all great to work with and what an amazing time it was, so time heals...but back then they all made it sound...well, not great at all.

• Members

More on Wendy Richard and EastEnders. Wendy and Bill Treacher (Arthur Fowler) couldn't stand one another. Wendy was apparently filled with joy when she heard he was leaving the show in 1996.

Barbara Windsor wasn't the only one Jessie Wallace had a run-in with during her first stint on the show. She also had reported problems with Steve McFadden (Phil) Lucy Benjamin (Lisa), Elaine Lordan (Lynne) Hannah Waterman (Laura). I remember one Daily Mail article in the early 00's that said the only reason the BBC didn't fire her during this time was because she had become too vital to the show, and in fact, there were reports that a lot of the cast were jealous of the attention and storylines she got during those years.

Elaine Lordan had problems too on set and was a raging alcoholic during her time on the show. She apparently told Mal Young (the then head of Continuing Drama for the BBC) to "[!@#$%^&*] off" at a party and was fired soon afterwards.

• Members

That's ironic, since Wendy never stopped believing that Pauline could only ever love Arthur.

The Eastenders cast also loathed Kathleen Hutchison, their producer for a few months in 2004/2005. They cheered when she was fired.

Other feuds:

James de Paiva/Linda Gottlieb (supposedly he threw a chair and another time reduced her to tears)

Kim Zimmer/Pam Long (at one point they were forced to go to a meal together and were so nasty to each other that the executive with them left the table to be sick)

Archived