Soap Opera Feuds

• Members

Could be because they OUTSHINED her in stories where the viewers were supposed to root for Reva and I know I didnt.

That they did. Heck Beth and Mindy were stronger characters than Vanessa at that point.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lets see.... Ones that i know of ( all Y&R) that nobody listed are.

Victoria Rowell and Peter Bergman

Victoria Rowell and Melody Thomas Scott (She said that Melody was "mean spirited" on her twitter, and of course that was because of the racist wig incident.)

Brenda Dickson and Marguitte(sp) Ray

Brenda Dickson and William J. Bell/Ed Scott plus all the Y&R writers/producers (LOL)

• Members

There were also the epic feuds Irna Phillips had with various people, although mostly the ones from ATWT got the most publicity. Rosemary Prinz and Irna butted heads for years and I think Rosemary felt that Irna was damaging to her mental health - she once said that she used her soap salary to pay for analysis. When she quit in 1968 she said she would only return if she were in Nazi Germany or her mother was about to be shot.

Irna also didn't care for Helen Wagner and got her fired at one time early in the show's run.

Irna hated Jane House, because of Jane's role as a stripper in Lenny, and tried to kill her character (Liz) off. Fan outcry saved Liz, but even after Jane had left, Irna still killed the character off.

• Members

So I guess Y&R would win for the cattiest and most ego-driven set LOL. Sounds like it's rife with massive egos that need to be stroked constantly, petty cliques, and lots of simmering resentment between certain cast members. Must be an ugly place to work for some people!

• Members

Who was the character that Irna killed off by having her fall UP a flight of stairs? Was that because she hated the actress? I know it was a time when Irna returned to the show after an absence, and she made lot of irrational story decisions based on her personal dislike for the actors.

• Members

That was Jane House's character, Liz Talbot.

She wanted to kill Liz by having her set on fire on her honeymoon, but another P&G soap had already done that, so she fell up the stairs instead.

I posted a 1973 interview with both Lizs in the ATWT section a few weeks ago if you're interested.

• Members

I have to say, I don't believe the Lynn Herring stuff at all. I know she's still BFF with Kin Shriner.

Tony Geary on Lynn Herring

"She's such fun--and an utter professional. The work she turns out is consistently terrific--and she's so beautiful. Luke looks at Lucy as his second daughter. There's an attraction to her that he doesn't want to deal with because he's a happily married man and all, so the way he handles it is to protect her like he would a daughter. I prefer the goofy Lucy, the sillier she is, the more fun I have with her. I think if there was ever anybody in town that Luke would actively go after if he weren't married, it would have to be Lucy."http://www.mcamy.net/geary/quotes/geary6.html

He took her to the Emmys in 2002

Stuart Damon on Lynn Herring

CBS.com: So tell me about Ralph - what's his agenda for being in Oakdale?

STUART DAMON: His plan is that he knew Audrey, played by the stunning Lynn Herring - and he has to launder all this money and he doesn't want to do it in a big place and Audrey recommends he works with her son, Henry - played by the fabulous Trent Dawson.

CBS.com: What's it been working with Lynn again?

STUART DAMON: Lynn and I have a great relationship and we work the same way. I mean we haven't seen each other for several years. The great thing I found that worked out that when you trust each other, the way I trust Lynn you don't have to be right on with all your lines and you can just let go and know that the other actor in the scene will be there to support you.

In Depth: Is there a female character on the show, past or present, that you could see your character having a fling with?

Tony Geary: For Luke, Lucy Coe. We almost did a while back. Lynn Herring and I were good together, too. Actually, there've been a lot of women that Luke would have been interested in, but Laura has been his heart and soul.

Steve Burton: Acting with Lynn Herring would be great.

Tony Geary: As I recall, we laughed a lot. She's fantastic.

http://merybarb.net/idolchatter.htm

Have you stayed in contact with anyone from “General Hospital”?

Brad Maule: Stuart Damon (Alan) and I speak occasionally and through him I hear about Leslie (Charleston, Monica), and Tony Geary (Luke), and Kin Shriner (Scott). I haven’t seen Kin Shriner in years, but if I had to make a list of the top people I cared about, he would be in the top 5 or 6. I would have to say that I miss all my “wives" on GH - Hilary Edson, Lynn Herring, and Jackie Zeman. They were all good friends of mine, and not many days go by that I don't think about them and all the good times we had. My children still miss Jackie's sweet kids. I love the people at “General Hospital.” There are certain people that will forever be friends of mine whether they know it or not (laughs).

http://tvmegasite.net/day/gh/q&a/11-23-08maule.shtml

Also, I have the tape of the 1996 SOD Awards when Lynn Herring won Hottest Female Star and Vanessa Marcil, Rena Sofer, and Ingo Rademacher were going nuts when she won. They were all sitting at the same table and when her name was announced they kept screaming "You go Lynn!" and she was laughing at them during her speech because they all kept screaming for her.

• Members

What's the story with Tony Geary and Greg Vaughn? I know JJ was the definitive "Lucky" for Geary, but a few years ago when Geary gave some interviews, he would say how wonderful it is to work with Julie Berman, Tyler Christopher and Genie, but never anything about Vaughn. Did Geary consider Vaughn too model-pretty and lightweight an actor to play Lucky?

• Members

Didn't James Kiberd and Kate Collins hate each other so much that he drove her to leave the show in 1992?

Are you talking about Nathalie Paulding, who played Bianca when SuLu won the Emmy? Wasn't there some cattiness on the part of Nathalie's mother because she was upset that SuLu won the Emmy for "NATHALIE'S story!!!"

Didn't he also say some negative things about Shane Richie? I think they squared it all away soon after and made up, though.

Of course I've never seen any of Kaye on DAYS, but she was very obnoxious and attention-whorish on Match Game in the 70s, so much so that I will actually change the channel whenever her reruns come on GSN. It just seems extremely desperate, and I wonder if she was like that behind the scenes at DAYS.

• Members

Then there were rumors that Michael Park and the rest of the cast of ATWT disliked him for spliting up TC marriage to her husband, who was great friends with the cast. Thus leading to Peck being fired because of all the tension on set.

Archived