Soap Opera Feuds

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't think of anyone who didn't like her. Even Tony Geary has sung her praises. He wanted Luke to be paired with Lucy at one point. The only negative thing associated with her I can think of is some bad blood with ABC over them not allowing her to return to GH after PC was cancelled, as had been promised to her. When they turned down a long-term return to GH, she even offered to come back for a couple of episodes just to wrap up Lucy's story--to give some closure for the fans--but they turned her down.

• Members

thats not true. Had PC been canceled, she'd have been able to return to GH as per her original contract but that contract expired a few years into PC's run. By the time the show was canceled, she had a new contract with PC, not GH

• Members

Wasn't there some huge blowup between Susan Seaforth and Kaye Stevens? Stevens in general seems a little odd to me when I read about her - she was once fired from DAYS around the time she used the show's name in ads for herself wearing a low-cut outfit.

There were also the issues between Kim Zimmer/Michelle Forbes and Kim Zimmer/Cynthia Watros.

And the nastiness from Rauch towards Maeve Kinkead.

• Members

Why did Rauch dislike Maeve? Was it from their AW days? I think there was something when Rauch joined GL and wanted Maeve to dye her hair, which she refused to do. Maeve also had issues with Gail Kobe and Pam Long. Vanessa was a very strong female character before Kobe and Long joined the show. Kobe and Long watered down the Vanessa character, making her kind of wishy-washy, and built up strong female characters like Alexandra and Reva instead. Maeve has said that it was very tough for her to watch Alex and Reva become what Vanessa used to be just a couple of years earlier.

• Members

Supposedly P&G moved Maeve from AW to GL in the first place because of the issues between them.

I think in some ways Vanessa was always a bit weak as well as strong but I can see why Maeve was disappointed with their writing for Vanessa, since she mostly seemed to be Billy's long-suffering wife, with that pill-popping story.

Archived