The Empty Nest Discussion Thread

Mr. Vixen

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes!!!! :D

*does happy dance!*

I agree with Soapboy. They need to have like an NBC retro night on Hallmark.

Golden Girls, Empty Nest, Amen, 227, Sisters, and Nurses. And, throw in older ones that I still slightly remember like Dear John too. I miss that show. And, I had the hots for Jere Burns when I was younger. :lol: Also, they could throw in another Saturday night show just for fun. Maybe Something Wilder. Hillary B. Smith was on that one. :) I'd like to see it again.

• Members

Im upset. They're bumping Who's the Boss. I watch it at 4am sometimes but I also love the 6pm showing. And they cancelled the marathon?

I'm sorry but who's the boss belongs on hallmark more than little house on the prarie. Keep that show on in the AM but let the comedies stay in primetime.

• Members

LHOTP's been one of their top-rated shows for over 7 years now. Any time they've ever tried to take it off the air, they've always brought it back within weeks, sometimes days. It's definitely earned its place on the lineup and won't be going anywhere for long.

I think if they find a good balance of sitcoms and dramas and cut back on some of the multiple airings, they can do really well. Of course, I hope that they ditch the Martha block as soon as they contractually can. Here's what I would do in April, with Frasier coming. I'd put the Hallmark Channel Home shows on Saturday mornings (to kinda go up against Food Network's stuff) and just run two episodes of Martha during the week.

6:00am: I Love Lucy

6:30am: I Love Lucy

7:00am: Empty Nest

7:30am: Empty Nest

8:00am: The Golden Girls

8:30am: The Golden Girls

9:00am: Who's the Boss?

9:30am: Who's the Boss?

10:00am: The Martha Stewart Show

11:00am: The Martha Stewart Show

12:00pm: Touched by an Angel

1:00pm: Touched by an Angel

2:00pm: Little House on the Prairie

3:00pm: Little House on the Prairie

4:00pm: I Love Lucy

4:30pm: I Love Lucy

5:00pm: Empty Nest

5:30pm: Empty Nest

6:00pm: Who's the Boss?

6:30pm: Who's the Boss?

7:00pm: Touched by an Angel

8:00pm: Movie

10:00pm: The Golden Girls

10:30pm: The Golden Girls

11:00pm: Frasier

11:30pm: Frasier

12:00am: Cheers

12:30am: Cheers

1:00am: The Golden Girls

1:30am: The Golden Girls

2:00am: Frasier

2:30am: Frasier

3:00am: Cheers

3:30am: Cheers

4:00am: Little House on the Prairie

5:00am: I Love Lucy

5:30am: I Love Lucy

• Members

Nooo, that's central time :lol: I would never move GG out of that slot!

I always liked LHOTP best in the mornings too (oh my GOD, my ass LOVED that block of The Waltons followed by LHOTP followed by Murder She Wrote), but I think it works well in the afternoons too. For a while, they had it on twice each in the morning and afternoon, but that was overkill, IMO.

• Members

I love LHOTP, too. I just prefer it in the mornings. Maybe I'm just weird LOL.

Do you know why Hallmark took off Murder, She Wrote?! I ADORE that show, and used to watch it every day before they took it off. I wish they'd bring it back.

• Members

Also. Hallmark Channel annoys me anyways. I wish WTB and EN were on TV Land or something. The editing out of mild FCC allowed (even in the 80s!) curse words pisses me off.

For one. Did anyone get that joke on the second epi of EN the other day? The one where Carol is saying something to the effect of 'He left me for a ____ named Rita' and then Harry said 'If you name your daughter Rita she's bound to be a ___'

I really wish I knew what they said!

Also, it surprised me the other day on WTB when Mona went up to these frat boys while she was drunk and looking to get laid. And, they said 'Mona, Mona! Let's go bona!' and they didn't bleep it. :lol:

• Members

LOL at "Bona". I don't know what Carol said but it looks like "slut" on paper. I doubt it was "bitch" or "whore" but who knows. They are so weird sometimes. On Cheers, I think it was Diane or Rebecca who said damn/hell/crap several times in a quick succession and they like bleeped out the first three and allowed the last two, something bizarre like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

LOl i would put my money on Rebecca, I don't think ms. Prim and Proper Diane would ever have said something like that. I remember one time she got mad and said "Slut" but that was it.

But Yes i caught the bleeping out too on Empty Nest. I'm just glad it's back on the air, It wasn't a raunchy show so i don't expect too many bleeps out. EN was such a great show in my younth and i'm glad to be able to watch it again. it's been too long.

• 1 year later...

Archived