Hotel Cæsar

MKA

• Members

That's a little weird. As I reported earlier, he left the show back in December, but I thought he would have come back by now, but apparently not. He is not in the new opening sequence, hence it will probably take a good deal of time before he returns. Yet, we know he is going to return (thanks to a now deleted Instagram-picture), I guess his comeback will only be some later than I expected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Arnfinn has been rather "away" the last days (his deceased brother would have turned 50 now these days). Storm wanted to buy a commercial property they can use as one of the Lycke hotels but since Storm did not have enough money to buy it alone, he signed himself into Arnfinn's online bank and transferred the remaining amount (10 million NOK) from Arnfinn's account to the seller of the property. Without talking to Arnfinn, of course. This wasn't Arnfinn particularly pleased with...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Nominated for best TV drama!

Hotel Cæsar is nominated in the "Best TV drama" category at Gullruten, the Norwegian TV awards, in May! The other three nominees are very strong drama series, so we'll need to see whether Hotel Cæsar wins or not - but it's extremely satisfying that the show is at least nominated! The show has since it started in 1998 won an Gullruten award only once; in 2001, the show won the "Best daily drama series/soap" category. The show was nominated to the same award as now in 2008 ("Best TV drama"), but didn't win. In addition, Anette Hoff (Juni Anker-Hansen; 1998–2005, 2006–2010, 2010–2013) won the award for "Best TV actor" in 1999. She was also nominated in the "Best female actor" category in 2008 but didn't win. Along with Sossen Krogh (Astrid Anker-Hansen; 1998–2010), she was awarded with the prize of honor in 2010. I cross my fingers that it "goes the right way" in May!

sossen+krogh-derfor+sitter+hun+i+rullest

Anette Hoff and Sossen Krogh was awarded the prize of honor in 2010

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Episode 2500 of Hotel Cæsar was aired Wednesday this week! Amazing to see the show pass this milestone. In addition, the show will celebrate it's 15th anniversary in October this year.

557989_10151357357846333_1784435019_n.jp

The cast celebrates episode 2500! Front row from left to right: Eva Rosenkratnz (Rudy Claes), Juni Anker-Hansen (Anette Hoff) and Jens August Anker-Hansen (Kim Kolstad). Back row from left to right: Vanessa Nyman (Marte Sæteren), Arnfinn Lycke (Nils Vogt), Willy Wang (Jeppe Beck Laursen), Monica Nyman (Hilde Lyrån), Hilde Erichsen (Hanne Dahle) and Storm Liland Anker-Hansen (Kim-Daniel Sannes)

• Members

Thanks. What were those stories?

(was that Wild Wild West credits?)

That channel does a hell of a lot better job showing closing credits respectfully than the US does.

Was the photo just people on set that day?

The fried bleached hair on that woman at the front...

• Members

Mie started as head chef at Cleo about a month ago, and just before she was hired, Albert slept with her... This naturally causes some problems at work. The hotel is also currently going through a renovation to meet a number of environmental requirements so that they can host a large environmental political conference, and Monica ended up helping the carpenters. That didn't go well, as you can see in the video... However, at the same time Monica met Fred, a farmer who delivers organic food to Cleo, and they quickly got a good eye for each other.

It was the closing credits of Bonanza. The channel broadcasts reruns of that show prior to the reruns of Hotel Cæsar on Saturdays.

All the people on the photo is characters included in the opening sequence except Hilde Erichsen (Hanne Dahle). She is kind of a "guest character". She works in the kitchen, along with, among others, Mie. I guess they maybe only included the characters that were in production that day in picture, because there are several more actors working at the show than these nine. Maybe they wanted to "hide" them to avoid leaking spoilers.

Archived