Hotel Cæsar

MKA

• Members

The promo with the bankruptcy is about, well, the bankruptcy while the other promo is about different love stories that take place at Hotel Cæsar right now.

Runa and Storm have been together since this summer, but now apparently Runa starts to wonder if they are the right ones for each other (I guess it might have something to do with Runa leaving the show to do).

Arnfinn and Monica have been together since early this autumn, but Arnfinn kicked Monica out last week. First, she proposed to him, he said no, and then she filed the Anker-Hansen company for bankruptcy. All this made Arnfinn realise how different the two of them really are (as Monica said afterwards: "We were never really a good match").

Pelle have gotten good relations with the maid Lily, but I don't think he has romantic feelings for her, while she has, I guess after watching the promo. And Eva has left Jens August for the *I-don't-know-what-number-it-is-but-has-been-very-many-times* time.

I know some of Berggren. He is an established author who has previously produced the drama series Hvaler in two seasons for TV 2. He has talked very good of Hotel Cæsar in the news after he took over as showrunner (of course he has, but it's good that he has received editorial coverage on this), and he seems like a really cool guy with lots of good ideas. I think he can take the series to an even better level than it is today, and look forward to his episodes!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Last autumn the show published these two images of the main characters:
hotel770x432.jpg
1350044839000hotelcsar4.jpg
Left to right: Kenneth Åkerland Berg (Albert Lunde #3, 2012-), Kim-Daniel Sannes (Storm Liland Anker-Hansen, 2006-2011; 2012-), Rudy Claes (Eva Rosenkrantz, 2004-2007; 2007-), Nils Vogt (Arnfinn Lycke, 2011-), Kim Kolstad (Jens August Anker-Hansen, 1998-2000; 2001-2005; 2007-) and Anette Hoff (Juni Anker-Hansen, 1998-2005; 2006-2010; 2010-)
It think the images are really cool! Unfortunately, that is something different than what I can say about the year on the show so far, but I'm hoping that the show picks up a bit in the near future... Some good news: «In 2011 the average viewing figure was 297,000 viewers, but in 2012 the number increased to 334,000. This represents an increase of twelve percent.» Source: http://www.kjendis.no/2013/01/07/kjendis/hotel_cesar/premiere/sapeopera/drama/25121639/
Some cast news:
- Mathias Augestad Ambjør (Måne Lillevik, 2012) exited the show on 11 December 2012, but he'll return sometime during the spring (the character went back to Goa to complete his education).
- Jeppe Beck Laursen joined the show as Willy Wang on 7 January, Behruz Arshi as Anish Singh on 10 January and Ayaz Hussain as Rahul Singh yesterday, 23 January. Both Laursen and Arshi has played minor characters in the show earlier, but these were like "one-line-characters". The three of them are not included in the opening sequence yet, but they might be included when the new opening comes later this spring.
729x.jpg
Left to right: Arne Berggren (showrunner, 2012-), Behruz Arshi and Ayaz Hussain. Photo: Christoffer Solstad Steen/Hotel Cæsar/Dagbladet.no

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

New opening sequence for Hotel Cæsar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTPep9Uh0oU

I've written more about the new opening sequence in the Opening sequences-thread.

Cast update

- Marita Traaen (as Runa Jørgensen) left Hotel Cæsar 18 February, when her character died of leukemia.

- Anette Hoff (as Juni Anker-Hansen) left the show 18 February, when her character went to a clinic to receive treatment for Parkinson's.

- Birgitte Victoria Svendsen (as Janne Langangen) joined the show 23 January. She was (by me, at least) believed to be only a guest character, but she's included in the new opening sequence. I also thought Willy Wang, who joined the show on 7 January as I've reported earlier, would be only a guest character, but he's also included in the new opening.

- Evy Kasseth Røsten (as Mie Andersen) joins the show 7 March. I believed she too would be only a guest character, but she's included in the new opening aswell.

It is very sad to see Traaen and Hoff leave the show. Luckily, I know Hoff will be back after approx, 6 months, in contrast to Traaen that never will return to the show (the new showrunner Arne Berggren has already rejected the opportunity of giving her a "soap return" by letting her play an unknown twin or simply wake up from the dead. And I'm quite happy with that, it's good to see the show stay "down to earth").

As you can see, Hoff is included in the new opening even though she has left the show. This is done to keep on a "tradition" (at least I and the rest of the fans believe that is why): Juni Anker-Hansen is the only character that has been included in all openings since 1998, although Hoff now is in her third major break from the show. It is a good "funfact" and a "tradition", and I'm glad to see them keeping on that!

As for the new cast members, I'm, in contrast, very, very happy! They are all fairly well-established and good actors, giving the show a little more recognition among the actor environment (and that's very good). After watching this week of Hotel Cæsar, I have, all in all, much more faith in the series than I had only a short time ago. I think this spring will be a very good for Hotel Cæsar!

• Members
Hotel Cæsar has a very small cast compared to many other soaps, but yes, there is a few major cast members who are not included in the opening at nearly all times. These days it is Anish Singh and his son Rahul Singh, and in addition Pelle's daugther Cecilia is on the show from time to time (but she's 1,5 years, so, well.... smile.png). Earlier this year, Lilly Nilsen was a major guest character. But, as mentioned above, compared to other soaps, Hotel Cæsar has a very small cast. This is how many cast members that have been included in the opening sequences over the years:
1998-2000: 16
2000: 17 (as well as a bust of Georg)
2000-2001: 18
2001: 18
2002: 16 (as well as the horse Bellemonty)
2003: 16 (as well as Bellemonty)
2004-2005: 17
2005: 16
2006: 18
2006-2007: 17
2007: 13
2007-2008: 17
2008: 15
2008: 14
2009: 14
2009-2010: 14
2011-2012: 14
2012: 14
2012-2013: 12
2013-present: 12

As mentioned above, there has always been characters on the show that have not been included in the opening, mostly guest characters without long-term contract.

Archived