Hotel Cæsar

MKA

• Members

"Hotel Cæsar" is a Norwegian soap series, and has lasted from 1998 and is still running. It's shown on Norwegian TV 2 Monday to Thursday 19.30. The show is about a hotel (obviously...), and both about the family that owns the hotel (Anker-Hansen) and the employees at the hotel. Read more about it on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_C%C3%A6sar

Well, there you have Charlotte :rolleyes: Not the best actress in the show, in my opinion. But, I haven't seen this period of the show, so I don't know what's on in that clip.

I wounder, did you see old clips or clips from the recent years? The show changed a lot in the period 2005-2007. From 1998 to 2005 the show was ok, 2006 was a lot of sex and violence (to attract younger viewers), 2007 was, in my opnion, the worst year in the show's history, 2008 some better, 2009 some better than 2008 and the same with 2010. So, let's hope 2011 will be even better!

And, Jens August, yes. Well, right now they're running a story on him being allowed, from his wife, to cheat on her - if he just tells her who it is.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for telling me more. So I guess any excuse to have Jens August sleep around.

I did read that about the show changing course for a few years to get viewers. I guess it worked?

I guess the woman in the clip was faking a pregnancy? The scene just goes on way too long with her wailing.

What do you think of that Pelle comic relief character?

• Members

I first watched this show when I was in Norway. My friend had said that it was her mother's favourite show, and she could never miss an episode, so I thought that it must be good, and as I was sick at the time, thought I give it ago... It was terrible beyond words. An entire episode that centred around a football match. Soooo boring. Nothing happened. I think there was a scuffle at the end of the match, but there was no drama. Nothing. I've never watched again.

• Members

I guess so, yes,

No, it's strange, but it didn't work - the ratings fell, I think it was because they changed to much. From 2005 to 2006 the show changed so much that it looked like two different shows. So, after this they've tried to make the show more like it was before 2006.

Hmm, you might be right there. The woman and Jens August (the man "attacking" her), started a relationship, but then they parents told them they were half siblings...

I think Pelle is ok, I wouldn't care if he left the show, but sometimes it's nice to have him "around". He has improved since 2007-2008, were he was just ... strange. But the last year he has been some better. It was great that he was the one to save Juni Anker-Hansen's life in a fire before christmas:

I'm not sure, but I think that episode aired in 2007. Am I right?

Anyway, I don't think it's a that great show, but it's the only Norwegian soap, so... But, again I think most people will agree that the show is better now than in 2007.

• Members

Here's a recap of the period 2008-2010 (well, pretty much stuff aren't there, but I hadn't more clips than those on my computer (and I know, some of the clips are a bit too long...)) :)

What do you think?

• Members

Hard to tell. Some pronounce it like Cesar (with a (norwegian?) "e"), while most pronounce it like, as the name says, Cæsar. You might try to "translate" it in Google Translate and listen on the norwegian pronounce there (in my opinion the pronouncing in that "clip" isn't 100 % correct, but it gives you an impression on how its pronounced)?

• Members

Here is a clip where Jens August's wife, Eva, arrives back home from USA one day earlier than expected, just while Jens August has some fun with his mistress...

Shown: 17th March 2011

And here's a "promo" I've made for the 2010 finale:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived