The Nicki Minaj Thread

Mr. Vixen

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree! The rap industry is so oversaturated with male rappers (which for the most part I cannot stand), but very few female rappers seem to be able to fit in and actually be successful. Missy Elliott for a few good years there managed to stay in prime focus, I really enjoyed her as well. I really dig her sound and some of her lyrics are amazing. The only song on Pink Friday I don't really enjoy is her collaboration with Eminem. I am in love with Girls Fall Like Dominoes right now and Moment 4 Life is getting alot of play in my ipod right now as well.

• Members

I am not a fan of commercial hip-hop, but Nicki seems like a very genuine person and the music she makes has a very wide appeal where if you don't like hip-hop, you can still appreciate it and enjoy it for what it is.

I like that Nicki and her personality seems to come from her heart. She's not animated for the sake of being animated, I feel like her persona is really a part of who she is.

She hasn't gotten to the overly contrived state that Lady Gaga is in yet, and for her and her fans, I hope she never does.

• Members

ICAM agree more, Adam. She has great lyrics, and something about her voice is infectious. I also loved Missy.

Spencer, those videos make me LMAO too. I don't care what people say. Nicki is the Queen right now. She knows how to be creative and different without being fake (cough cough...GAGA).

• Members

I like the different voices she uses while singing & the way she performs. Not a fan of her dancing, though. Also, her ass....WTH. Not complaining, lol, but she needs to just admit that there are like 75 implants in there already. I hated her response which was "People will pick anything to talk about, and that happens to be the thing at the moment." rolleyes.gif

• Members

I think I figured out another reason why this girl appeals to me, her rap style is very similar to Lisa "Left-Eye" Lopes of TLC (may she rest in peace). I loved TLC growing up in the late 90's and especially connected with Lisa.

• Members

She definitely is using Lady GaGa as a bit of an inspiration or a spring board for some of her outlandish fashion choices. I actually think Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj would be an awesome collaboration. They really would bounce well off one another. I can see it happening.

Archived