GH: Actress OUT??

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do think this one is going to hurt them more than they've counted on. Herbst was not always my favorite - I hated her until Jason/Liz Part 2 - but she has had a massive fanbase for years. And when she got me, she got me pretty good. They were idiotic to dump that couple and LL2 with Jackson. But the truth is Liz did not fit into either Frons or Guza's vision of their show with only "cool chicks" like Sam and Siobhan for the men. And when Lucky said he wanted to only remember the rape victim and that that was her best hour, that was the show talking to Liz and to Herbst.

She's talented but very rarely got to show any range. I think she could do a tougher role and I think she'd bring fans if she went to OLTL or somewhere else.

• Members

He probably will do just that. Guza will have Jason shoot her by accident in a gun battle or she'll be blown up somewhere and then Lucky will take responsibility for all of the kids & him & Siobhan will buy a bigger house and raise all of them. Or, Jason will finally take responsibility for Jake after Liz dies and then Lucky & Siobhan will end up raising Cam & Aiden together.

And all this happens right when they give Siobhan a contract dry.gifmad.gif UGH

• Members

From the TV Addict:

GENERAL HOSPITAL’s Liason Officially Bites The Dust!

By theTVaddict on January 18th, 2011

In what might be the most shocking news to come out of the soap world in quite some time, our pals at Soaps In Depth tell us that GENERAL HOSPITAL fan fave Rebecca Herbst (Liz) has been let go.

“This is a complete shocker,” the mag’s executive editor, Richard M. Simms, told us. “We heard the rumor on Monday and found it just about impossible to believe. I mean, we’re talking about a character who has a huge history on the show and a massive fan following. But this evening, it was confirmed by the folks at GH.”

For ages, the character of Liz Webber — first introduced in 1997 — has been a player in perhaps the most notoriously heated fan-base war ever to unfold on the daytime stage. “Liz has a child with the character of Jason,” explains Simms. “Jason loved Liz, but basically made the decision not to be with her because his violent lifestyle would put her and their son, Jake, in jeopardy. Oh, did I mention he’s a hitman?”

No, sir, you did not!

“Enter Sam McCall, a brunette beauty Jason’s currently in love with. So, on the one side, you have the Liason crew, who are fans of Jason and Liz. On the other, there’s the JaSam folks, who want to see him with Sam. To call the rivalry between these two groups ‘heated’ would be sort of like saying ‘Sarah Palin is a controversial person in the world of politics.’”

In recent story, Sam — who at one point believed herself unable to carry a child to term — learned it might be possible after all. Needless to say, Liason fans balked, asking how Jason could even consider playing daddy with Sam given that he’s all-but-ignored his child with Liz in order to keep them safe. “It’ll be interesting to see how this all plays out,” says Simms. “There’s no word yet on how Liz will be written out or what will happen to her and Jason’s son.”

Herbst was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award in both 1999 (as Outstanding Younger Actress) and in 2007 (as Outstanding Supporting Actress)

• Members

:o :o :o

First, I would hate to see someone who has been a part of the DOOL family for so long and did whatever was asked of her to be let go so some newb could take her role.

Then, BH is just all wrong to play the the ultra beautiful, curvy Chloe.

eta:

I'm sorry, who is Chloe on GH? I thought you were talking about Chloe on DOOL.

• Members

I doubt she wants to go to AMC. I doubt she wants an ABC show. It's Frons GH agenda that kept them from ever writing anything for her. She probably has a lot of resentment, as she should. Yet another veteran they're shittingg in the face off.

I'm so pissed off.

Archived