2011: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is Goldie Hawn's sidekick in Foul Play still acting? If so I would want her cast on PP OLTL. She can show up, drink with Roxy, and say: "Rape is not an act of sex. Rape is an act of violence." again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

• Administrator

I don't know. I'm just saying if it was up to him, he would choose OLTL. But if PP and FV want RC as OLTL's HW, ABC would be poor sports to force him to write scripts at GH. They can hire any number of soap writers who are out of work right now.

• Administrator

New and fresh went out the window when FV was chosen to be the VP of Serial Dramas for PP. Another gut of mine is Frank choosing Gary Tomlin to be AMC's EP. Gary helped Frank out during the strike and this could be Frank's way of paying Gary back.

• Members

Yes, she believes it comes down to the look... which is why AMC wound up with the likes of Cameron Mathison, Carolyn Neff, Laura Allen, Eric Dearborn, Alicia Minshew (whose first six months on the show was HORRID!), Aiden Turner, Brianne MonGRIEF and the graduate from Yale Drama herself.... DENISE VASI!

• Members

Very Interesting statement. I am hoping for a last minute deal to bring RC over to OLTL. But I also think RC is being groomed to take over GH's HW. IMO Frons would be dumb not to go this route. Unless Garin would deliver 500,000 new viewers.

I think GT would do good at AMC. Esp where budget is concerend. AMC really needs a new person to steer that jump. I am a fan of GT.

• Members

To me Gary Tomlin comes from the same breed as Chuck Pratt: a writer/producer who goes for the sleazy and shallow. His shows never have any depth or heart. It's pretty awful pretty actors in superficial stories penned by him and Chris Whitesell, dragged down further by poor production values.

And let's not forget that when Frons offered Tomlin the HW position at AMC in 2008 he turned it down, allegedly because he believed nothing could be done to salvage the show. Not exactly a winning attitude for a new EP.

Archived