2011: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for finding that. That article had a little too much Scrubs spin for me, but nonetheless some interesting tidbits, like the budget cuts.

It makes me wonder what ABC is going to do in lieu of the reruns to shrink the budget. Are they still going to cut episodes and replace the episodes with primetime reruns and non-soap material? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ummmm I thought this was rather surprising (apologies if this is old news), but the new SOW is reporting that Christopher Whitesell is out at DOOL. It's not clear from the blurb whether he was fired or left of his own choice, and SOW did not know at press time whether he will be replaced or whether Higley will go solo. But here's the (potentially) even more interesting part:

"As for where Whitesell is headed...? Don't be surprised if he pops up somewhere else!"

I thought Chris and Gary were inseparable!

• Members

My prediction is that Whitsell will end up at Y&R. Sheffer spoke very highly of him to Branco (even dissing Higly by saying Whitsell was the HW of DOOL). Maybe Richard Culliton will become involved with story. I'm sure someone on DOOL staff is being upped...otherwise they wouldn't bring in Iacubuzio to write scripts.

I wouldn't be surprised if Higly goes too.

As for Dansby, she announced on Twitter earlier this week that she just got her first assignment this week and that it would air in about 8 weeks.

Archived