ALL SOAPS: Best & Worst of 2010!

Ben

• Members

People think I'm joking when I say that Sally is my favourite Corrie character and I think I just have to accept that she's not for everybody! I don't think the Molvin story has reflected well on her as the Ian Davenport affair seems to have been completely forgotten but I think she was written as a much harder character in 2004.

As far as the acting, I think SD's fantastic. She was terribly, terribly annoying until the early 00s (culminating in her nauseating affair with Martin Platt) but then she seemed to find her niche. I also think that the cancer experience has really galvanized Dynevor and she has a much greater level of confidence that is translating to screen presence.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mercy's pregnancy could have been a better storyline for The E20 Gang instead of them moping around for half the year with nothing to do. Although teen week was pretty entertaining.

And yes i did , it was alright but nothing that was wow. She was also on Eric & Ernie On BBC 2 and she was really good in that.

• Members

I'm behind on all the soaps except for Neighbours (heck we were two hours ahead of Australia between the Commonwealth Games and the season finale, but it's back to being at least two weeks behind now) and Shortland Street but here goes:

BEST SHOW

EastEnders

WORST SHOW

Home And Away

MOST IMPROVED SHOW

Neighbours

BEST ACTOR

Jake Wood(Max EE)

BEST ACTRESS

I kinda want to put Lacey Turner (Stacey Slater, EE) as I saw most of the Bipolar stuff in 2010, though in the actual 2010 episodes stacey's become annoying...I'll go for Lindsay Coulson (Carol, EE) instead

WORST ACTOR

Erin Mullally (Declan, Neighbours)

WORST ACTRESS

Rebecca Breeds (Ruby H&A)

BEST NEWCOMER

Ricky Norwood (Fatboy, EE)

WORST NEWCOMER

Erin Mullally (Declan, Neighbours)

BEST RECAST

Jordy Lucas (Summer, Neighbours)

WORST RECAST

Should be obvious by now - Erin Mullally!

BEST STORYLINE

Keiran (played by Adam Rickitt) runs over Morgan, frames Rachel McKenna (a verteran character with a big drinking problem) and just when it looks like he's about to be caught, his brother confesses to the crime instead! on Shortland Street.

WORST STORYLINE

Anything to do with Penn on Home and Away

BEST CHARACTER

Marilyn, Home and Away

WORST CHARACTER

Ruby, Home and Away

MOST IMPROVED CHARACTER

Sally Webster (even though I'm 16 months beind Corrie, I watched the tram crash and as JamesF says there's a renewed energy and confidence in Sally Dyvenor that has improved the character.

MOST UNDERUSED CHARACTER

BEST COUPLE

Ricky and Bianca (EE)

WORST COUPLE

Kevin and Molly, Corrie.

BEST VILLAIN

Paul Robinson, Neighbours

WORST VILLAIN

Penn, H&A

DISASTER OF THE YEAR

Tram Crash, Corrie

MESSIEST DISASTER

Ringo's death, Neighbours - It was contrived and rushed mess, though saved in the second half of the episode by some excellent performances by Carla Bonner (Steph) and Margot Robbie (Donna).

BEST DECISION MADE BY A SOAP

Vera ushers Jack into the afterlife on Corrie (if anyone's going to come back from the other side an nag her husband to death, it's Vera)

MOST OVERUSED PLOT DEVICE

Baby Rabies (I love that term but hate hate hate that the affliction has taken over so many of soap's proudest women!) Jane had it, Ronnie has it. Becky has a slightly different version. Heck, Dan on Neighbours had it last year which sorta led to this year's plot with Steph (who had a rather peculiar form of 'I don't want my baby' rabies. Enough already.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Here are my choices:

BEST SHOW - Neighbours - back on form after a rocky few years

WORST SHOW - Coronation Street - horrible storylines and very unsympathetic characters

MOST IMPROVED SHOW - Neighbours

BEST ACTOR - Alan Fletcher (Karl, Neighbours) - very underrated performer who is enchanting to watch

BEST ACTRESS - Lindsey Coulsen (Carol, Eastenders)- magnificent performances

WORST ACTOR - Jimmi Harkishin (Dev, Coronation Street) - beyond parody

WORST ACTRESS - Katherine Kelly (Becky, Coronation Street) - awful to watch

BEST CHARACTER - Susan, Neighbours

MOST UNDERUSED CHARACTER: Pat, Eastenders

WORST CHARACTER - Marlon, Emmerdale

BEST COUPLE - Karl and Susan,Neighbours - fabulous actors and always believable.

WORST COUPLE - Steve and Becky, Coronation Street

BEST STORYLINE - Who pushed Paul Robinson?, Neighbours - an excellent example of umbrella storytelling.

WORST STORYLINE - Tram Crash, Coronation Street - unintentional comedy and lousy special effects

MOST OVERUSED PLOT DEVICE - Implausible affairs - where actors have no chemistry and the affair is solely for shock value

Archived