AMC: New Opening

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA. And I think it will be better with this opening...the beginning of it is sort of different than the last one. I can see a little tension type melody leading into the opening now again...I hope so at least.

I really like the opening, the only part that reallys annoys me is when it gets to Annie/JR/Colby/Asher/Caleb. Ugh, I really hope that gets worked on.

• Members

LOL at poop brown, but Central Park West had words going over the characters like that, not sure if that's the one you're thinking of.

Hmmm... I'm a bit underwhelmed, but as someone else said, it kind of grows on me with additional viewings. But it almost seems too visually busy for the score now. And I was WAY surprised to see Griffin and Cara so near the beginning, and a little disappointed that AMC of all shows caved and put shirtless shots in their opening. I like the shots of the homes and I miss the flashes of our dearly departed characters. When the melody slows down for Jesse and Angie, I found that heartwarming, and the final shot of Erica, Kendall, and Bianca was very Ada, Rachel, Amanda in AW's old opening.

• Members

One thing I thought of is that the sidebar action shots of the characters reminds me of the 2002-2003 opening when some of the characters had those side shots next to their main shots. That's kinda cool they brought that back in a way.

Oh, and Krystal's main shot is WAY too chatty. I tried pausing to get a good image of it and straight up couldn't. Her mouth was open in every single frame.

• Members

The white linen opening used several screen caps too, which were of course so incredibly boring before they got the posed animated ones. I actually like the use of clips here, the thick block font over top is maybe a little too strong though.

• Members

lol @ Kendall's moment in the opening. I love how they have her yelling at someone, acting all bitchy laugh.gif

I love Bianca, Liza, Erica, Frankie, and Kendall's shots in the opening. I think Bianca's is the best.

I also love how they integrated PV's locations into it. They have the hospital set shadowing behind Griffin, Jake, and Cara. Krystal has her restaurant behind her. The Chandler Mansion is set with JR, Scott and Colby. Wildwind Manor with Caleb. Fusion is with Madison. And Liza & Jackson have the courtroom.

Feeling really down about Shannon Kane (Natalia) sad.gif and Marissa's shot taking it's sweet little time, while Annie's just zooms on by is soo ugh!

• Members

That much is true. :) But talking shots REALLY irk me. They can find shots of the people either smiling or laughing, while not posed, but also not talking. And honestly, the Stephanie and Cosgrove pics look stellar against the real landscapes, I hope they incorporate all posed shots in a future update.

And WOW, MCE needs a longer shot, I just noticed how short her's is. It's criminal. I know it's supposed to be a cool sequence with the Chandlers but Annie was NOT the character to skimp on.

Lastly, no Rylee couple shot...that is potentially a good sign. Maybe they're not sold on Rylee after all.

Archived