• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ms. Balance was one of the two performers that I know (the other being Jane Manning) who returned to the show for the last episode.

I can find (on IMDb) no mention of any other television or movie roles for her (contrary to the last sentence). Nor can I find any mention of her husband. I will keep looking for something written about their roles in The Owl and the Pussycat.

The actor who played her husband on the show (Joseph Stern) later became a television producer. One of the shows on which he worked was Law and Order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Slick, can you (or anyone) tell me who Lily was?

That show must have liked the name Lily because there was later a major character named Lily Chernak.

Was Lily the daughter of Spence Garrison and Nancy Garrison? I had been thinking for years that her name had been Sarah, but maybe I am wrong.

• Members

Spencer's daughter was probably not introduced prior to the introduction of Nancy, but that may not be true.

I wonder how much longer it would be before Kim Hale and Andy Hurley would be introduced?

There was an actor who played Spencer prior to Ed Power. He was not listed in this cast list. (He obviously had already been replaced.) Sp had Chandler #1.

Also, at some point, soap opera pioneer actress Flora Campbell was written in as Margaret Garrison, ex-wife of Chandler and mother of Spencer.

It seemed to me that Love Is a Many Splendored Thing was frequently introducing new families to join the Donnelly family (after somewhat eliminating the Elliott family). There was the Hale family, the Garrison family, and the Chernak family.

Edited by danfling