DRW50

Y&R: Old Articles

5,134 posts in this topic

My, my... Those dresses are terrible! So dated. Nolan Miller was the sophisticated peak of the '80s fashion and that was it.

If you two wanted colour, Sex and the City was full of it. Especially the films, which were "colourful" to the point of being garish and kitsch.

Colourful and opulent is also something Oscar de la Renta does and isn't as cheap as those clothes above. So colour isn't dead

On the other hand, work by such people as Mainbocher, Balenciaga, YSL, Givenchy, Dior, Norman Norrell – that's the elegant understatedness that alphan hates, but which is never boring and sterile. It's just tasteful.

CarlD2 do you want me to post pics here from Y&R in the 70's or put them in a new thread. I have some to share and some articles with the actors and production crew.

Edited by supes81

Post them here, please! I have some more 70s stuff too but was trying to add other decades. I'd love to see more 70s things, there's so much out there and it's tough to find. I have a few other Tom Hallick things too I will try to post soon. I can't wait to see your articles.

If you want to post the photo here then I think you put the URL for the image code. That's what I do.

I'm not great at it either so if someone else knows more then please tell us.

Edited by CarlD2

If you want to post the photo here then I think you put the URL for the image code. That's what I do.

I'm not great at it either so if someone else knows more then please tell us.

I tried using my son's photobucket account, but it said the extension is not allowed on this site, so I have no idea. If someone can help me.

Here is another test try. A picture of Snapper and Chris from 1973

YR733.jpg

Here is one more picture, then I will start doing articles. From the first week of the show. Stuart Brooks and Brad Elliot. Most everything is in black and white except for a couple of pics of the cast.

YR732.jpg

These look great! I've never seen that cast photo -- I would have remembered Brenda's orange top. Poor Peggy with the sad look and the jailbird sweater on. Stuart Brooks looks surprisingly young there.

There is another pic of the same photoshoot as the one above, but the cast is all spread out in a living room, possibly one of the sets, maybe Kay's place. Also a cast pic from 1974 which I will post.

From the December 7, 1999 Weekly (Primedia). I never liked this story but I guess it's a masterpiece compared to today's Y&R.

12-26-2010122315AM3.jpg

12-26-2010122805AM.jpg