Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Haha thanks! I know I can be a bit obsessive, but I just think having the original air dates helps a lot! 

To answer your question I actually do have an episode guide in French that was sent to me that has episode descriptions from Jan 1986-1995. It's not the most accurate in some places and kind of vague but for the most part it's basically the correct info for all those years!

Here' the download link, but you will have to use google translate of course.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/krvplk0hch5x7ko/Résumés+Magazines+TV+(1).pdf

I also read old summaries that were saved on the google groups archives.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

YRfan23, thank you for the link.

I remember the 2008 Paris remote was done to coincide w/ the 20th anniversary of Y&R first being broadcast in France. So if they started w/ 1986 episodes in 1989 as per the episode guide, France would be watching 2014 episodes now.

One of the French language channels in Canada airs Y&R but the episodes are from 2009.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

I am not watching French episodes as I follow US episodes so I have already seen 2014. But I have watched for years before the Internet era. Ratings were not good and recently the show (which aired at 2pm since 1989) was moved to 11am. I know my grandmother stopped watching. 

• Members

Haha! Exactly. No more 'Love fever'

Please register in order to view this content

Uhm they actually aired one episode a day. Which had become quite rare for US soaps in Italy. Italian networks usually cut episodes halfway or add another portion off the next episode just because they see soaps as fillers for their line-ups. I was so sad to see the show go, but considering what it had become it was no huge loss.

• Members

I do recall dru/neil/cricket/nina/Danny hanging together some in the early 90s..  

I'm not surprised Ashley was involved with Dru's early story......she and Olivia were written as old college chums/sorority sisters...and that connection was maintained/mentioned through the early 2000s.  I think I bought Brenda's Ashley and Olivia being friends mire so of the three Ashleys...if that makes sense.