Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Summary of Jan 74 episode

Following Chris and Snapper's wedding,the newlyweds go to a country cabin for their honeymoon, while Sally broods over her loss of Snapper. Leslie drops by after the wedding to visit Brad, who is sick in bed with the flu. When Sally sees Leslie in her bridesmaid's dress, all her feelings for Snapper flood through her. But Pierre is sensitive to her emotions and tries to cheer her up with an evening on the town. Leslie regales Brad with stories of the wedding, and they lament the tragic rape that ruined Chris's plans for a white wedding. Meanwhile, at the honeymooners' cabin, Chris struggles with the trauma of her rape and her determination to be "a perfect wife.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

[video]

Who is this? I read on her Wikipedia she played the recurring role of Julia Winters for ten years but only 40 episodes. I've never caught an episode with her or heard of her. I liked her from the clips and think it's interesting they had her popping in and out as a recurring family member. I loved when Y&R used to do that. It makes the families feel more real. Can anybody tell me more about her?

• Members

That story had some of Heather Tom's best performances. 

1998 was one of the times I watched the show daily because I thought the pacing and buildup deserved it, and I felt that coming back during the episode, especially during the parts like Alice and her mother. Of course now I know that this was a variation of Sheila and Molly, but at the time I didn't. Still, even now, it's a good watch. 

I thought the story with Carl Williams was pretty good too, at least until they just ended it. 

• Members

It really was the perfect combination of an actress at the top of her game with really great material. 1998 til Tom's exit provided her with (mostly) wonderful stuff to play. 1998 in particular is full of classic Victoria moments but the other years didn't lack at all. 

I don't really think the Carl story was hurt by the fact that it ended. I suppose some fans wanted to see Carl regain his memories and return to Paul and Mary (after which they likely would not have done much with them -- there was a lot happening on the show at the time). The lack of a happy ending made the whole thing so much sadder and real for me. Besides, they arrived to that ending over a period of several months -- anyone watching could tell it would not be a miraculous, last-minute reunion. And the whole thing was simply worth it for the performances by DD and CC. 

That being said, I do think an occasional return/visit from Carl would have been good.

That sounds like SC's voice to me too but it wasn't Sharon. If I recall correctly, Sharon has yet to learn Alice is about to come back into their lives.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I was checking out Wikipedia for the show and found a lot of errors. I mean, we all know that happens often, but they are off on premiere dates, exits, etc by sometimes several days. But I never noticed they 'made up' an entire family member lmao