Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I'll reupload the episode as soon as I can, don't worry, haha. biggrin.png

I had know idea that Steve cheated on her in 2001. that was when they first bought on teenage Colleen with Lyndsy Fonseca right?

I know recently Traci mentioned it to Billy but I thought it was off-camera.

Did Lauren and Traci even interact before they made up at Marge's funeral? like during her returns throughout the 2000's. I saw some of the scenes of John Dying in the hospital and both Lauren and Traci are there, did they even speak to each other there or before when she would come back?

Edited by YRfan23

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Her first stint was indeed June 1982 to June 1987 then she came back November or December 1987. It kind of gets confusing after the second return because I believe she stayed till summer 1989 then she must have returned again by the fall of 89 cause she appears on my October 1989 episodes I posted and is also listed on contract in the credits, then she was also on the one Christmas 1989 episode that they re-aired in 2008, so she must have left right before year 1990 began.

What's weird though is that during her third comeback early September 1990 (which is one of the episodes I got recently and will upload soon) Traci and everyone keeps saying how much she's changed since LAST SUMMER. They seem to make everyone forget that technically Traci was still around till the end of 1989 even if she had left for a while before.

Anyways that 3rd returned spammed from August or September 1992 I believe then after she basically was brought back for limited runs every month or so from January 1993 to 1996. I guess everything afterwords to today has been guest stints for a few days.

• Members

From what I know Beth's runs where

Jun 82 - Jun 87

Nov 87 - Dec 89

Sep 90 - Aug 92 (she may have been on recurring for parts of this)

After this she was on 1993,1994,1996,1999 for just brief runs. At most a month, although I am a bit hazy with 1999, when/if she was on and how long. The 90's is a bit confusing since Traci was on and off so much so I may have missed something. After 1999 I stopped watching on a regular basis, so am not sure when she returned after that.

• Members

When she came back September 1990 she was on recurring till the following September I think and was on contract till she left again August 1992, since then everything has been recurring guest spots that again spammed for a few shorts weeks to a couple months from 1993-1996.

• Members

It's interesting that Bell was quick to recast Ashley twice and keep on writing stories(even if they became clunkers) for Ashley but didn't do the same with Traci. Then again by Maitland's '92 exit I think the role of the unassured, ordinary heroine was fulfilled by Nina. Perhaps Bell had no more room for Traci aside from when he really needed her.

Regarding Traci's return in 2001 that's how the teenage Colleen was introduced when Forsenca started the role. Traci and Colleen came back to get out of NYC for awhile and it was revealed the real reason Traci came back was because Steve had an affair. Steve came back to Genoa City himself and reconciled with Traci, but Colleen found the whole thing repulsive and elected to stay in Genoa City with John and Brad.

Poor Colleen. Although Sursok has proven to be a capable actress in primetime she was miscast for the role and really it just need a simple recast(or better writing, maybe Sursok would have succeeded). Killing her off because of an unpopular actress in horrific fashion was definitely a disaster.

• Members

I remember a recent interview with Beth Maitland and she said people were always asking why she wasn't on Y&R on a regular basis and she said it was not of her own doing, but they ran out of material for the character.

She said she is thrilled when she gets to work on the show.